Crap, Charlie Watts

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

SlushPuppy

Re: Crap, Charlie Watts
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2021, 05:20 pm »
I just read that too. One of the greats! RIP Charlie.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2021, 05:22 pm »
Damn man, we just keep losing folks. Rest In Peace Mr. Watts, you had a good run, and your music will live on.

anicca

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2021, 05:25 pm »
Yup, that's it.  RIP great one.

jtcf

« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2021, 06:27 pm »
R.I. P. Charlie. You are missed:-(

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2021, 06:40 pm »
RIP

MttBsh

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2021, 09:11 pm »
The loss of one of the Stones is a stark reminder of our mortality - it seemed like they would always be here. I remember first hearing one of their albums around 1964 but not seeing them live until their 1972 tour. What a loss! Goodbye Charlie... 

rockadanny

« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2021, 08:55 pm »
RIP Charlie Watts.

Strange thing is, yesterday and today, for the first time ever, I've been watching interviews of Charlie Watts (YouTube). And only now, via this thread, am informed of his passing. Weird.
So I went straight to my Stones CDs after reading here about Charlie and for some strange reason selected this unofficial Stones release from 1972, "Jamming With Edward". The music is sloppy but fun, not really the "Stones" since Keef and Mick Taylor are absent, though joining in are Nicky Hopkins and Ry Cooder. Not sure why I selected this one to honor Charlie in my home today ... perhaps he had a blast during these recordings? After all, sloppy as they are, its only rock-and-roll, but perhaps he liked it?

p.s. Placement of the insert in the photo on top of my drums on purpose  :) :drums: