Non standard tweaks on Virtue Amplifiers

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Non standard tweaks on Virtue Amplifiers
« on: 5 Dec 2012, 07:09 pm »
Thought l would start a new post regarding non Virtue Audio tweaks on Virtue Amplifiers as the forum is rather slow at the moment.

So what have Virtue owners done?

l will start the ball rolling if you like, l have upgraded the internal fuse  to a Rhodium Furutech jobbie, and have replaced the standard feet with some Soundcare Superspikes, so what have you done to yours?

Just for a bit of fun this thread :thumb:.

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Re: Non standard tweaks on Virtue Amplifiers
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2012, 08:12 pm »
No One- come on lads its just a bit of fun. :thumb:

Randy

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2012, 12:41 am »
I haven't done anything to mine, but am wondering what the new fuse did for yours.

wsturner

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2012, 01:51 am »
Search the older threads for information on the following upgrades:

Batteries
Capacitors
Tube Buffer

Lots of juicy goodness there!

Scott

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2012, 02:39 am »
I'm running a 300W SMPS with my ONE.2. Although to be honest I didn't do any back and forth to compare.

(Does that count as a tweak? :) )

oskar

« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2012, 02:08 pm »
No tweaks yet to my Sensation other than puttin' her on batteries. That brought a big change. Still considering trying the clarity caps as recommended by others. Just a wee bit intimidated by the soldering part.

Randy

« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2012, 05:16 pm »
I'm running a 300W SMPS with my ONE.2. Although to be honest I didn't do any back and forth to compare.

(Does that count as a tweak? :) )
What is a 300W SMPS?

srb

« Reply #7 on: 7 Dec 2012, 05:25 pm »
What is a 300W SMPS?

A 300 Watt Switched-Mode Power Supply perhaps similar to this SMPS300RE from Connexelectronic?

http://connexelectronic.com/product_info.php/cPath/25_46/products_id/141?osCsid=rusni65077hl0gm5d2srtc85t1

Steve

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #8 on: 7 Dec 2012, 07:01 pm »
I have a TWO.2 done up in carbon fiber exterior with jumper tweak making it amp only no volume control. The speaker jumper is where I left it last which I don't remember....LOL. I also have the 300 Power supply that Virtue offered and a Pangea AC14 power cord.........I'll never sell it and no matter what tube amp or integrated I swap in from time to time for a change I always come back to the TWO.2 and immediately smile. I hope Seth finds a way to continue the TWO's existence if he hasn't already done so.
 Having a little kick ass amp that's the size of 2 soda cans never goes unnoticed, and in my room it will drive  anything that shows up.....TWO love!!!!
 gag, gag, LOL!!!!!!! :dance:

Randy

« Reply #9 on: 7 Dec 2012, 07:05 pm »

A 300 Watt Switched-Mode Power Supply perhaps similar to this SMPS300RE from Connexelectronic?

http://connexelectronic.com/product_info.php/cPath/25_46/products_id/141?osCsid=rusni65077hl0gm5d2srtc85t1

Steve

Okay, thanks. I have the battery supply and am very happy with it.

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #10 on: 1 Apr 2013, 01:35 pm »
Placed my Sensation on a Granite Kitchen chopping board from a major supermarket brand in the UK, improved bass and focus a good deal, and looks cool too, for not much money a good tweak :thumb:

Randy

« Reply #11 on: 1 Apr 2013, 04:33 pm »
Placed my Sensation on a Granite Kitchen chopping board from a major supermarket brand in the UK, improved bass and focus a good deal, and looks cool too, for not much money a good tweak :thumb:

My Sensation sits atop a two inch maple board with a set of Herbie's fat dots between. I don't know if the board makes any sonic difference, but the amp sure looks good on it.