PLC1 MKII Passive pre help.

audiobliss

• Industry Participant
Re: PLC1 MKII Passive pre help.
« Reply #20 on: 26 Apr 2017, 02:59 am »
Hmmm,  sounds good,  when you get it reprogrammed send me a sample so I can Bata test it for you :)

AB.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #21 on: 26 Apr 2017, 03:11 am »
True, so my final decision is a small compromise to keep all functions.
Tape will be turned off when going into & out of input #4.
Inputs 1-3 will remain as is and will have monitoring capabilities.
Input 4 will be for playback or HT bypass only.
Sound reasonable?

As a relentless fan of reel-to-reel and cassette-deck taping,  I would resist the idea of dropping the tape loop (even if you are not into the tape recording hobby,  there are other uses for it, as a processor loop for holography,  for example).   On the HT front - suffice it to say many of us only get one room in the house to play with in,  and I have to make that room work for both HT and and 2 channel - so the HT bypass is a necessity and a blessing.  Trying to listen to 2 channel sources using my HT pre/pro (as compared to the PLC1) is a lost cause - the passive pre is on a different league altogether (my pre/pro is an Emotica XMC-1,  good but not good enough). So the solution you propose works fine IMO.  I mostly record LPs from input 1 - rarely do I do monitoring of the other inputs. 

Thanks for looking into this.  Will send you my unit for refitting when the fix is ready. 

Jose

CIAudio

« Reply #22 on: 26 Apr 2017, 03:28 am »
Agreed, I still have a reel to reel and even a Sony ES DAT recorder.
My system is primarily a stereo system but doubles as the audio for watching movies on a 120" screen with projector. I find it very enjoyable for watching movies without the hassle of all the extra channels and running wires everywhere... plus my wife and I actually like to go to dinner and a movie at the theater every once in awhile. :icon_lol:

I'll let you know when the new software is ready... give me a couple weeks to change the code and test.

Thanks,
Dusty

CIAudio

« Reply #23 on: 6 May 2017, 06:34 pm »
True, so my final decision is a small compromise to keep all functions.
Tape will be turned off when going into & out of input #4.
Inputs 1-3 will remain as is and will have monitoring capabilities.
Input 4 will be for playback or HT bypass only.

New PLC-1 software code is now available and is configured as mentioned above.
Inputs 1-3 can be recorded and monitored as before. Input 4 can no longer be monitored... it can be used a 4th playback input or HT bypass only.

We will re-write the operating instructions to reflect the changed funtionality.
If you own a PLC-1 and wish to have the software updated, contact us via email.