Need for Speed - most wanted

MaxCast

Need for Speed - most wanted
« on: 1 Feb 2010, 09:17 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has played this.  Yep, an old (2005) gamecube game.  Bought one used off ebay after renting it for 15 days straight. Me and my boys absolutely love this game.  Kids get up early before school to see how far dad got the night before and squeeze in a half hour before school.
My boys are into the cool cars and love customizing them and changing colors and widow tint.
The heavy crusiers and helicopter are a pain to avoid to collect bounty.  Anyone have any pointers?  The new Garllado we just won is very fast on take off (tires don't spin as much) so this should help.  I wonder how far they got today??  :)
They got NFS-Nitro for Christmas but haven't touched it.
Anyone have a favorite NFS we should check out next?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Need for Speed - most wanted
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2010, 06:47 pm »
My son and I must have a million miles racked up on multiple versions of NFS on the Gamecube and the Xbox360. The latest, and final version we got was "Carbon".
Most cool.  8)

But since the PS3 came into the house, I don't think the 360 has even been turned on.  :lol:
To the best of my knowledge, they don't make NFS for PS3.

Bob

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2010, 08:01 pm »
Hey Bob,
I'm sure we will get to Carbon.  We are up to Blacklist member no. 2  :D
I have to say, my 10yo boy is an expert driver.  He has surpassed the old man.
Driving a Porsche upgraded to the max.  Lots-o-fun.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2010, 08:11 pm »
Cool!
My boy was ten last year when we were playing NFS. I can't recall what number we got to on the Blacklist though. I know he was a few higher, just as a result of shear playtime. With equal cars I could kick his butt 99% of the time (been a hardcore gamer all my life). But he was very good.
Now, on the other hand....  :roll: .... he's handed me my ass nine times out of ten on any shooter type games.  :duh:

Do you have any other systems?

Bob

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2010, 12:30 am »
No other game systems besides GC n wii.
Considering a ps3 because of the bd

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2010, 12:37 pm »
I'd highly recommend one Rich, but if you do, get the accessory remote. Using the controller for remote duty is awkward at best.

Bob