Best video game/ computer sound system?

mcullinan

Best video game/ computer sound system?
« on: 24 Oct 2008, 01:37 pm »
I have the Klipsch 2.1 with sub. The horn shaped speakers that dont sound half bad. What would be better?
HEard Audioengine, eh... ok. Would like 2.1.
Budget under 500.
Thanks.
Mike

jaywills

IronLion

Re: Best video game/ computer sound system?
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2008, 02:41 pm »
Hook it up to your hi-fi rig!  I've done this a few times and its...fun.  I usually crank the sub a bit to add that extra bit of oomph to the bass. 

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2008, 03:10 pm »
I just received a spherex 5.1 system offered by parts express  for 100 (but no amp for the sub) or you could get special price of  $40/pair of speakers.

Too bad this isn't offered commercially anymore (with the amplifier/decoder/remote) because it had a lot of technology/features and great reviews. So add a plate amp, or just get a "real" sub that can cross around 120hz, and you have something that should be pretty nice. I haven't got it up and running yet, but I will be this weekend and let you guys know if its any good.  One hiccup kept me from getting it fully up and running last night, is that the speaker jacks are rca female plugs, so you have to fashion some connectors to your speaker wire.  I cut up some cheapo freebie interconnects that you get with new cd/dvd players etc. It was tiny wire gauge but it worked to try out for a little bit on a sonic impact.

-Tony
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2008, 09:54 pm by TRADERXFAN »

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2008, 03:28 pm »
oh, and I bought a used panasonic xr55 to run them off of...

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2008, 03:41 pm »
I could do that... my Epos M5s are already there. I need something nearfield though cuz they are behind me... I use them when I work out :)
Mike