ACI Sapphires near Seattle

groovybassist

« on: 14 Jan 2005, 07:09 am »
Anyone know of ACI Sapphie 25th Anniversary edition owners in the Seattle, WA area?  If so, any idea how open they are to demoing in their or my system?  Thanks for any insights!

Mike Dzurko

Re: ACI Sapphires near Seattle
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2005, 09:32 pm »
Quote from: groovybassist
Anyone know of ACI Sapphie 25th Anniversary edition owners in the Seattle, WA area?  If so, any idea how open they are to demoing in their or my system?  Thanks for any insights!

Great name!

If you don't get any response, don't worry . . .we're more than happy to arrange for you to try in your home. Contact me via. Email if I can answer any questions. Thanks!

groovybassist

Sapphires near Seattle
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2005, 08:39 am »
Mike:  Thanks for your post.  A quick question - are the Sapphires comfortable positioned relatively close to the wall behind them, say 12"-18"?  The room is 15' across, but with furniture, video display, etc., having something that can be placed close to the real wall is ideal.  I like taut punchy bass, so I'd be unhappy with boomy or thumpy bass.  Thanks for your thoughts.

-Mike

Mike Dzurko

Re: Sapphires near Seattle
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2005, 02:55 pm »
Quote from: groovybassist
Mike:  Thanks for your post.  A quick question - are the Sapphires comfortable positioned relatively close to the wall behind them, say 12"-18"?  The room is 15' across, but with furniture, video display, etc., having something that can be placed close to the real wall is ideal.  I like taut punchy bass, so I'd be unhappy with boomy or thumpy bass.  Thanks for your thoughts.

-Mike

Mike:

12-18" is plenty of room behind the Sapphires . . .I guarantee the bass will be taut and punchy. Boomy bass is banished from ACI :)

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2005, 04:35 pm »
Mike:

Didn't know if you noticed the black oak Sapphires that we donated for the Tsunami relief auction at Audiogon. Could be a great deal AND be able to help the relief effort  :mrgreen:

Harry P

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2005, 09:52 pm »
Mike:

I own Sapphires, they will work very well that close to the rear wall. Some speakers get all muddy that close, these stay clean and open. That Tsunami relief auction is going to make someone really lucky! I paid full price and don't regret it. Looks like these could go well under list

groovybassist

Sapphires on Audiogon
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2005, 12:13 am »
Mike:  I did notice that auction on Audiogon and definitely have my eye on it.  We'll see what happens!

Harry:  Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.