T.H.E. Show at Newport

Tomy2Tone

T.H.E. Show at Newport
« on: 1 Jun 2015, 03:27 am »
I got to hear a lot of high end systems this past weekend at the Newport show and have to say the Odyssey room definitely impresses. The natural ease and beautiful tone of Klaus' system is really awesome. I went in to all the big budget rooms and never left really satisfied like I did after hearing Odyssey.

I know I'm not saying anything new here but for anybody wondering about Klaus' products who hasn't heard them, you owe it to yourself to get out and hear it. I really enjoyed my time with Klaus and his partners Glenn and Shelly of GIK Acoustics. Well done guys!

AlTran

Re: T.H.E. Show at Newport
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2015, 06:06 pm »
Tomy2Tone, they sound better in my room...  :D

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2015, 06:26 pm »
Tomy2Tone, they sound better in my room...  :D

I'm sure they do! That was a tough room for Klaus to have to deal with. But despite that they still sounded better than 90% of the rooms I went in.

Jazznball

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2015, 01:16 am »
I agree that the Odyssey rooms had great  geat sound, but what made it special for me was talking to Klaus.  I came in about 4 on Saturday because I had read reviews of Odessey amps.  I did not know anything about the company. Klaus then proceeded to spend the next 2 hours playing wonderful music and educating me.  I did not even know who he was the first 30 minutes, I just knew that he was far more personal than anyone else I had met at the show the prior 2 days.  I really did not know that I was meeting the "man" who is Odyssey.  He then offered me an incredible deal on the speakers in the GIK room and a new amp and pre amp. Unfortunately, I had not planned on buying anything that day and I had plans the next day with my wife on her birthday, but I wanted to thank Klaus for spending so much time with me.  I will be a customer in the future.  Thanks also to Chris from the LAOCAS for also offering great advice and answering all my questions.

hifitommy

« Reply #4 on: 9 Aug 2015, 06:57 pm »
as poor as Klaus' room was at THE Show, the sound was exemplary.  a friend owns a Stratos and it has survived a number of other amps tried for replacement.  that says something i think, and that is with  a few various speakers.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2015, 03:17 am »
Funny enough...it was one of the most successful shows.......go figure