Help me Choose an Integrated for M3TM

JackD

Re: Help me Choose an Integrated for M3TM
« Reply #20 on: 24 Aug 2019, 01:08 am »
If you can stretch your budget a little the Audia Flight integrated pointed out earlier is a great piece.  I love mine and am listening to it now with Verity Otello's.  Here in N. Florida the average daily temperature has been in the mid to upper 90's since the middle of May so having something to take the place as a Summer amp instead of the PS Audio BHK that was cool running was important and the Audia Flight has not disappointed.  I have not tried it in the Family Room system with the M3TM's but I'm sure it would be great there too.  Another good option at the top of your stated budget is the Kinki Studio EX-M1 integrated and you may find one used. 
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2019, 02:47 pm by JackD »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #21 on: 24 Aug 2019, 10:16 am »
I recently scored a used NAD M10 around the top of your price range and love it.  Full featured, they call it a "streaming amplifier".  Comes from their Master series, it's a compact thoroughly modern one box solution with lots of features and 100 wpc of hypex/ncore muscle.  As it continues to break in am finding that it's healthy dynamics, loads of detail, and full highs are the perfect complement to my speakers. 

HanaEyes

« Reply #22 on: 29 Aug 2019, 07:46 am »
Second the Kinki EX-M1 for the M3TM. I'm using one for my M4TM and I don't see myself changing it in the foreseeable future. Excellent amp not just for the money, but in general. A taste of high end sound for a fraction of the price~

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
« Reply #23 on: 29 Aug 2019, 11:06 am »
Line Magnetic Integrated, great sounding unit either the 30w stereo or the higher priced dht....

JazzGMster

« Reply #24 on: 5 Sep 2019, 11:51 pm »
Another very contented owner of a Cherry STM.  Went from a class A Musical Fidelity integrated (which I really liked) but kept hearing great things about the Cherry amps.  The STM has all the power you'll ever want (I hardly ever have the volume past 9 o'clock), allows for balanced connections from your DAC, authority for clean and deep bass...  And it's within your price range.  I admit to having been a bit of a skeptic to Class D but am fully converted now by this amp.  I think the 48v is all you need personally (I have a 36v PS) with Spatials.  IIRC, Wind Chaser turned me on to this amp and he was 100% right.

morganc

« Reply #25 on: 8 Sep 2019, 01:26 am »
Another very contented owner of a Cherry STM.  Went from a class A Musical Fidelity integrated (which I really liked) but kept hearing great things about the Cherry amps.  The STM has all the power you'll ever want (I hardly ever have the volume past 9 o'clock), allows for balanced connections from your DAC, authority for clean and deep bass...  And it's within your price range.  I admit to having been a bit of a skeptic to Class D but am fully converted now by this amp.  I think the 48v is all you need personally (I have a 36v PS) with Spatials.  IIRC, Wind Chaser turned me on to this amp and he was 100% right.

Thanks guys.  I ordered a King Stereo Maraschino and will have it in a few days! What Dac are y'all pairing with the spatial and the Cherry's? 

uncola

« Reply #26 on: 8 Sep 2019, 01:32 pm »
DAC amps are good.. but I vote Kinki EX-M1 too.  I've had inline maraschino and kinki and recommend the kinki

JazzGMster

« Reply #27 on: 4 Oct 2019, 12:57 pm »
Thanks guys.  I ordered a King Stereo Maraschino and will have it in a few days! What Dac are y'all pairing with the spatial and the Cherry's?

I'm currently using a Teac UD-10, which I admit is not the last word in DACs but it does do high res and I find it has a touch of warmth without losing accuracy.  It has balanced connections as well.  I've thought about upgrading to a Brooklyn but I fear that spending a lot more $ on a DAC will yield only marginal performance improvements.  Personally, I'd rather save my pennies for the X3 but that's a lot of pennies :)

Brettio

« Reply #28 on: 4 Oct 2019, 01:10 pm »
Thank you for the ideas, and if anyone has a Stereo Maraschino used, I would be happy to take it off of your hands!

Not sure about buying/shipping from Canada, but I saw this maraschino integrated listed.
https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649513581-stereo-maraschino-integrated-amp-stm/

Wow, that Digital Amp Company website is a nightmare.