Catching a buzz off habenero peppers...

Marbles

« on: 6 Oct 2005, 01:15 am »
You may have noticed my signature changed...my Doctor told me I need to stop drinking for a while.

Anyway, I have not had anything to drink in the last 2 weeks.

Last Saturday I made some chile with crushed Habanero and some crushed Cayene peppers.  Those of us that tried it kept going back and tasting it all day long as it cooked.

Tonight we had home made taco's and instead of making a taco, I put some meat in a bowl and added some Habanero pepper to it.

That stuff is addictive I thought.

I was going to ask if anyone here thought it was addictive, but wanted to post some URL's so you would know what I was talking about.

This is what I bought:
http://www.americanspice.com/catalog/20834/Habanero_Pepper___Ground.html?show_size=1&ORIG=30&SEARCH=3&WORDS=habanero&PAGE=0&_ssess_=1b200ae30ca8160f8cf41e78cf7ed484

And then I saw this website:

http://www.tdc.ca/habaneros.htm

They answered my question...

"The Habanero (and other really hot chilies) produce a euphoria a few minutes after they are ingested
  because they cause the body to secrete endorphins.

Endorphins are the body's own natural pain relievers.

The chemical makeup of endorphins is similar to that of the opiates.

Yes, you can get hooked on hot chilies. Just ask the whole western hemisphere and it is spreading north like wildfire! "

So for a "Natural" high, eat some habanero's!!!  8)

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2005, 03:48 am »
Marbles,

Here is a site for you to get drunk on.  Happy peppering.  I love spicy food.  http://www.pepperfool.com/

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2005, 05:24 am »
Marbles :
    So for a "Natural" high, eat some habanero's!!!
    [/list:u] Sure...sounds good. I'll try them at "happy hour"...best of both world's then..... :beer:  :jester:
      Take care of yourself Rob.... :) [/list:u]

nickspicks

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2005, 11:56 am »
    i'll stick to indica...thanks.
    :)

Sonnie Parker

« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2005, 10:35 pm »
    heehee... I used to like that indica, much smoother than sativa.

"The Habanero (and other really hot chilies) produce a euphoria a few minutes after they are ingested because they cause the body to secrete endorphins.  Endorphins are the body's own natural pain relievers.

I wonder if the pain relief might really be due to the fact that Habanero deadens about anything it touches for a few minutes.  Wait a minute... what about the pain in your mouth after you eat it?  I say it creates pain!   :bawl:  :bawl:

rosconey

« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2005, 11:03 pm »
    Quote from: nickspicks
    i'll stick to indica...thanks.
    :)

so does that mean you consider sativa's a merlot :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
    « Reply #6 on: 7 Oct 2005, 11:12 pm »
    If I go for more than a couple of days without chile, I start to get headaches and feel the same basic symptoms as the flu.  Fortunately, I live in the land of hot chile.

PeteG

« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2005, 12:23 am »
    I grow a couple different peppers every year and Caribbean Red (very red Habanero) is one of them, I dehydrate them and than use a coffee grinder to make a powder and add other spices, I sprinkle it on almost everything.  

bunky

Re: Catching a buzz off habenero peppers...
    « Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2005, 01:29 am »
    Quote from: Marbles
    You may have noticed my signature changed...my Doctor told me I need to stop drinking for a while.

Anyway, I have not had anything to drink in the last 2 weeks.

Last Saturday I made some chile with crushed Habanero and some crushed Cayene peppers.  Those of us that tried it kept going back and tasting it all day long as it cooked.

Tonight we had home made taco's and instead of making a taco, I put some meat in a bowl and added some Habanero pepper to it.

That stuff is addictive I thought.

I w ...
    i just came back from the local Thai eatery and some of those Thai chiles are smoking hot! and i am feeling pretty serene and mellow right about now.