X static wiring

Ron K

X static wiring
« on: 15 Oct 2020, 09:56 pm »
I'm interested in understanding how others passed wires from the subwoofer box to the open baffles elements. I am not excited about putting holes in the subwoofer box. Ive been thinking of
bi-wiring the speaker and placing the sub filter in the box, and placing the tweeter/midrange crossovers in a separate small box on the back of the enclosure.
Thoughts and comments please

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: X static wiring
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2020, 10:20 pm »
I'm interested in understanding how others passed wires from the subwoofer box to the open baffles elements. I am not excited about putting holes in the subwoofer box. Ive been thinking of
bi-wiring the speaker and placing the sub filter in the box, and placing the tweeter/midrange crossovers in a separate small box on the back of the enclosure.
Thoughts and comments please

The lower box is not a sub-woofer box. It is really just the bass drivers.

And I wouldn't try to over complicate it.

Drill small holes on the back side of the front baffle for the wiring to pass through. Drill a hole for each wire and make it just large enough to pass through. It works fine.

And I don't recommend bi-wiring. Using two completely difference cables is just asking for increasing RFI and EMI. Use one really good cable.

Ron K

Re: X static wiring
« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2020, 11:05 pm »
got it. thanks