are we expecting a 30-80w class AB amp soon?

JeffV

Re: are we expecting a 30-80w class AB amp soon?
« Reply #20 on: 12 Mar 2013, 01:04 am »
Recently I picked up a pair of Harbeth P3ESRs, and they sound wonderful with my Sig 15...though a little more power certainly wouldn't be amiss (eyes potential Sig 60 speculatively).

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #21 on: 12 Mar 2013, 03:24 pm »
Hi JeffV,

I was really surprised with the little P3ESRs!  The Signature 15/16 drives them in a smaller room or for desk-top listening to adequate levels, but YES - the upcoming Signature 60 will be a fine choice with them (and as far as I can tell from listening) - all the Harbeth models.

We hope to be in production of the Sig 60 in late April - still fine tuning and need to get the enclosure finalized...

Best regards,

Vinnie

Pasture68

« Reply #22 on: 16 Mar 2013, 11:41 pm »
We'll be at the NY Audio Show (April 11 - 13) in room 1010 - and decided to pair up with the Harbeth 30.1s again. 

I hope many of you can come visit to listen!

Hi Vinnie

Will you be debuting new models or new casework at the NY show?

I live in Australia & regret can't make the NY show  :wink:

Pasture68

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #23 on: 25 Mar 2013, 03:06 pm »
Hi Vinnie

Will you be debuting new models or new casework at the NY show?

I live in Australia & regret can't make the NY show  :wink:

Pasture68

Hi Pasture68,

Yes - we hope to have them there!  I'll post pics and links to press coverage after the show.

All the best,

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #24 on: 27 Mar 2013, 02:28 pm »
Update:

The "Official" name for the new integrated will be "Signature 57" (it is half the wattage for the Liliana monoblocks, so 57 wpc RMS into 8-ohm, and 115 wpc RMS into 4-ohm). 

It will have the Renaissance Edition wood front panel and knobs (but the sides will be heat-sinks, not wood).

It's going to be approx. 18" wide x 14" deep x 5" tall.   I hope to have the premiere of fully-loaded Signature 57 pre-production unit at the NY Show in mid-April.  Come over to Room 1010 to check it out!

We'll also premiere the new, fully-loaded Isabella Renaissance Edition preamp (with 6H30 tube design), with Bellina pro dac, and Analogica phonostage board installed!

... AND - the new Liliana Renaissance Edition Monoblocks with the new wood front panels, knobs, feet, etc.  These, with the new Isabella, are true reference quality and very addictive in essentially any system!  8)

After the show, we'll catch up and get working on adding info and pictures to our website for these items...

Vinnie

JeffV

« Reply #25 on: 27 Mar 2013, 06:05 pm »
Exciting news, Vinnie!  Looking forward to seeing coverage on the Signature 57.

autoformer

« Reply #26 on: 7 Apr 2013, 12:42 am »
Looks great, Vinnie! Will you be offering upgrades for existing Isabellas to the new Renaissance edition? I'd like to get the Bellina upgrade for mine as well.

By the way, God help you if you try to tell Mr. Shaw that your amps - or anyone's amps - sound different with Harbeth speakers. Mr. Shaw believes that all "properly-designed" amps sound the same as long as gain is matched for the comparison. The differences between the sound of a P3ESR driven by a Bel Canto class d and your Lilianas is obvious to my ears, but what do I know? My ears are obviously not right.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #27 on: 8 Apr 2013, 02:05 am »
The differences between the sound of a P3ESR driven by a Bel Canto class d and your Lilianas is obvious to my ears, but what do I know? My ears are obviously not right.

Oh, I see  :green:

I've heard P3ESR driven by a few different amps before, including our Signature 57 prototype (in the same room at Fidelis AV, with the same source) - both a few of the employees there and I heard obvious differences when switching the amps.  So all our ears would not be right then.  :o

I don't claim to have "golden ears" - but if you blindfold me and let me hear one of my amps and another, I'm going to know which one is mine (assuming I have become familiar with the room, the speakers, etc.).  Just like if one of my daughters is on the playground playing with other kids on the playground, I'm going to know what voice is hers - even if measurements show she has the same height, weight, shoe size, etc. as other child playing.  Maybe not the best analogy, but in both cases, I better know!  :nono:   :green:

Vinnie