X-Statik Build

Creative cut designs

Re: X-Statik Build
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jul 2020, 05:48 pm »
Thanks for sharing your build looks fantastic I know what it's like working with MDF what did you use to close all the end grain ?

Jmitchell3

« Reply #21 on: 18 Jul 2020, 01:20 am »
Have you gotten them listen ready yet?

Carlos74

« Reply #22 on: 18 Jul 2020, 01:04 pm »
Not yet, still painstakingly trying to get the paint right.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #23 on: 18 Jul 2020, 09:43 pm »
If anyone needs some tips on the paint process just send me a pm. I run an automotive paint store and also do some fun painting outside work. I can walk you though some troubleshooting to make stuff A+.

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 21 Jul 2020, 12:52 am »
Wow!

JasonM

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jul 2020, 08:04 pm »
These look great. Gorgeous paint job!

Carlos74

« Reply #26 on: 26 Jul 2020, 02:36 pm »
Hello community, finally got them done and producing sound!!! I have had only one hour with them and I am already a believer!!! Coming from a heavily modified, BIG, horn and ported design, the X-Statik could not be more different. Even though my brain is used to my horns and the fact that I just dropped them in the same place, they still caused an amazing first impression.  After proper setup, gear matching and upgrading parts, these should be absolutely spectacular!!!

If you are looking for new speakers that don't break the bank, take a hard look at these, you won't be disappointed.

Sonicjoy

« Reply #27 on: 26 Jul 2020, 02:46 pm »
WOW! Great job! Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.  :thumb:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 26 Jul 2020, 03:07 pm »
Damn those are gorgeous! Hope you're enjoying them as much as i think you are!  :thumb:

AlexH

« Reply #29 on: 26 Jul 2020, 05:13 pm »
Very Nice!

Carlos74

« Reply #30 on: 26 Jul 2020, 08:56 pm »
Thank you all, really enjoying setting these up!!!

devious17

• Dont drive faster than your guardian angel.
« Reply #31 on: 27 Jul 2020, 12:45 pm »
Very Very nice.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #32 on: 27 Jul 2020, 01:43 pm »
Those look great! Enjoy the music.

jmcwilli76

« Reply #33 on: 27 Jul 2020, 06:05 pm »
I have always like high gloss black finish on speakers.

Great work.

Jmitchell3

« Reply #34 on: 9 Aug 2020, 01:28 am »
Any thoughts after a while with your new XStatiks?

Carlos74

« Reply #35 on: 9 Aug 2020, 03:38 am »
Hello, yep!!  These are a more accurate and measure better than any box speaker I have ever had, and they image and have more depth than I have ever known before.  I absolutely love them!!!

I have 2 main systems now, a very heavily upgraded Klipsch speaker based system, with horns and a ported design, and the X-Statiks, with a semi open baffle and a sealed box design. They do have me questioning my ideals on what a speaker should be because they approach music reproduction in a whole new way.  Their strengths are different from my other system, and I assume that the sheer power and impact of the presentation of my heavily upgraded Klipsch can be surpassed by adding a pair of open baffle subs from GR Research, giving the win to the X-Statiks.

Critical listening goes hands down to the X-Statiks though, and after the full upgrade they can be taken to a whole other level!!!

Now I have the upgrade bug and  will be upgrading the crossover to the better parts and building them point to point without the PCB, and then comes the subs, and then the electronics. Seems like a year of fun!!!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: 9 Aug 2020, 03:52 pm »
Hello, yep!!  These are a more accurate and measure better than any box speaker I have ever had, and they image and have more depth than I have ever known before.  I absolutely love them!!!

I have 2 main systems now, a very heavily upgraded Klipsch speaker based system, with horns and a ported design, and the X-Statiks, with a semi open baffle and a sealed box design. They do have me questioning my ideals on what a speaker should be because they approach music reproduction in a whole new way.  Their strengths are different from my other system, and I assume that the sheer power and impact of the presentation of my heavily upgraded Klipsch can be surpassed by adding a pair of open baffle subs from GR Research, giving the win to the X-Statiks.

Critical listening goes hands down to the X-Statiks though, and after the full upgrade they can be taken to a whole other level!!!

Now I have the upgrade bug and  will be upgrading the crossover to the better parts and building them point to point without the PCB, and then comes the subs, and then the electronics. Seems like a year of fun!!!

:thumb: Yep, you're in for a fun ride.

UtopiaNemo

« Reply #37 on: 9 Aug 2020, 11:39 pm »
Wow, absolutely GORGEOUS. You’ve inspired me! I’ve had two DIY 18” sealed subwoofers in my music room for at least two years now. They’re unfinished MDF, and I’d finally decided to finish them so I can (hopefully)move on to building some GR Research kits. I was about ready to quit on them due to how time consuming the patching and sanding is, but seeing how beautiful your project has turned out, I’m gonna head out to the garage and make some headway!