Auto cal?

Randy

Auto cal?
« on: 8 Mar 2018, 07:03 pm »
I tried running it and it sticks at 3, won't go any farther.  I unplugged everything per instructions and tried again. Same thing. Anybody else have this problem?

Tubeburner

Re: Auto cal?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2018, 09:54 pm »
I had this happen when I had the Tortuga near a plasma tv. Do you have the latest software update installed? When I installed the latest software, all my issues are gone.

Randy

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2018, 12:16 am »
I had this happen when I had the Tortuga near a plasma tv. Do you have the latest software update installed? When I installed the latest software, all my issues are gone.

It's a V2 balanced, and no, there's no TV near it. It has all the updates that apply to my unit.  Thanks.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2018, 03:38 pm »
I tried running it and it sticks at 3, won't go any farther.  I unplugged everything per instructions and tried again. Same thing. Anybody else have this problem?

Hi Randy,

I'm all but certain that LDR #3 on the right channel board has gone out of spec and needs to be replaced.
I can send you replacement LDRs and you can replace them yourself or ship the unit back to have it done here.
The LDRs are socketed so once you've opened up the unit it's fairly simple to do. I'll provide detailed instructions.
Please PM me on how you want to proceed.

Best,
Morten

Randy

« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2018, 09:35 pm »
Hi Randy,

I'm all but certain that LDR #3 on the right channel board has gone out of spec and needs to be replaced.
I can send you replacement LDRs and you can replace them yourself or ship the unit back to have it done here.
The LDRs are socketed so once you've opened up the unit it's fairly simple to do. I'll provide detailed instructions.

Best,
Morten

Morten,
    Thanks. I've tried it repeatedly in the last week, and still same thing.  If you send me what I need with instructions and you're sure there's nothing I can screw up, please go ahead and send it.
    Thanks again..
Randy

Randy

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2018, 12:52 am »
Morten,
    Thanks. I've tried it repeatedly in the last week, and still same thing.  If you send me what I need with instructions and you're sure there's nothing I can screw up, please go ahead and send it.
    Thanks again..
Randy

Morten,
   Had a chance to send them yet? Getting anxious.
Randy

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2018, 12:51 pm »
Morten,
   Had a chance to send them yet? Getting anxious.
Randy

On their way. Sorry for the delay.  :thumb:

Randy

« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2018, 04:17 pm »

On their way. Sorry for the delay.  :thumb:

Thanks, Morten. No problem. I am missing having the preamp in the system.

Randy

Randy

« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2018, 03:48 am »
Hi Randy,

Best,
Morten

Morten,
   LDRs received but no instructions. I took a look at the unit and saw all those bolts and didn't know where to begin. What to loosen and remove, what to leave alone, or do they all need to come off? Maybe I should have sent it to you. Help?

Randy