Nuprime Evolution One - idle temperature

Stockwell

Nuprime Evolution One - idle temperature
« on: 10 Jan 2024, 02:33 pm »
Hi All,  I recently purchased 2 x Nuprime Evolution One mono amp to drive my Martin Logan Ethos speaker,,,  they are great! the sound quality is way better than my old power amp.    I do have 2 question and wish somebody using Nuprime can help...

1,  Should I leave the Evolution One "on" all the time?   I mean the front LED is on. I assume this consume not much electricity. I can hear the sound is great from the moment I start to listen.

2,  Even with the AMP is "on" and idle,  it feel "Warm" in temperature?  The heat do not increase much even I listening at 100db...    will this shorten the life of the Amplifier?   

rustydoglim

• Facilitator
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Nuprime Evolution One - idle temperature
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2024, 12:01 pm »
The heatsink of all Nuprime amps use conduction to transfer heat to the top cover, the it will be slightly warm or a little hot when in use.
regarding whether it is necessary to turn off the amp, there are two issues:
1. Does the amp need warming up to sound good? Generally no, but more picky audiophiles would argue that it should be warmed up by 30min to an hour for Nuprime amps.
2. Does it hurt the amp to power on all the time? Leaving it on in idle state doesn't affect the lifespan as the electronic parts are in low temperature steady state. Since it uses linear power supply, it does consume power (about 10W during idle).

Stockwell

Re: Nuprime Evolution One - idle temperature
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2024, 04:05 pm »
Thank You @rustydoglim for the reply...     One of my friend just brought an Evolution STA, he also very enjoy Nuprime product!