Stands for Mini T?

martydmnt

Stands for Mini T?
« on: 25 Jan 2017, 04:00 pm »
Does anyone have experience with the matching stands for the Mini Ts? I was considering purchasing a pair for the Mini T's I now own (wonderful speakers, by the way) but I wasn't sure of the size of the bottom plate and the relative stability once the stands are attached. They'll clearly the top heavy, but if the bottom plate is slightly wider, it might be harder to tip them over.

I'm asking since I've got little kids running around the house. Right now I have them sitting on wide side tables that can't be tipped over.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Stands for Mini T?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2017, 06:16 pm »
Does anyone have experience with the matching stands for the Mini Ts? I was considering purchasing a pair for the Mini T's I now own (wonderful speakers, by the way) but I wasn't sure of the size of the bottom plate and the relative stability once the stands are attached. They'll clearly the top heavy, but if the bottom plate is slightly wider, it might be harder to tip them over.

I'm asking since I've got little kids running around the house. Right now I have them sitting on wide side tables that can't be tipped over.

Hi Marty

Also consider adding the outrigger feet to the target stands - they make things very stable.

Glad you like the speakers - even after all this time they still surprise me.  :thumb:

james

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2017, 06:41 pm »
 :D  don't those speakers need tweeter at ear levels ??  so a stand about 16 inches is required ??  no ??  :D

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2017, 06:47 pm »
:D  don't those speakers need tweeter at ear levels ??  so a stand about 16 inches is required ??  no ??  :D

HI

The great thing about all our speakers is the vertical and horizontal dispersion is very even and wide so you have lots of options when it comes to stand height. :thumb:

james

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2017, 07:03 pm »
 :D   Thanks James. I am still playing around with mine and breaking them in. Those drivers take how long do you think ?? 
              :D You can actually place these on the floor ?? I have them about 16 inches in the air. Is this ok ????   thanks ..  :D

martydmnt

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2017, 07:45 pm »
Also consider adding the outrigger feet to the target stands - they make things very stable.

That's a pretty good idea, I hadn't thought of that! How much do the outriggers cost?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2017, 07:55 pm »
:D   Thanks James. I am still playing around with mine and breaking them in. Those drivers take how long do you think ?? 
              :D You can actually place these on the floor ?? I have them about 16 inches in the air. Is this ok ????   thanks ..  :D

I would not recommend the floor but anywhere from 16 to 24 inches works - the height just places the soundstage a little higher or lower.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2017, 07:58 pm »
That's a pretty good idea, I hadn't thought of that! How much do the outriggers cost?

Outriggers are $125 and the Steel spikes and caps are $125 .

james

witchdoctor

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jan 2017, 01:04 am »

I would absolutely recommend the floor using Mapleshade Bedrock stands. These stands are unique and designed for the floor. My speakers are the same size as the Mini T's and they work fantastic

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=3251.0

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Maple-Bedrocks/departments/63/

witchdoctor

« Reply #9 on: 29 Jan 2017, 01:06 am »
I would not recommend the floor but anywhere from 16 to 24 inches works - the height just places the soundstage a little higher or lower.

james

You never tested the bedrock stands did you?

2bigears

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jan 2017, 07:11 am »
 :D those stands look interesting indeed.  The Mini T's are not that mini you know.  :D

witchdoctor

« Reply #11 on: 29 Jan 2017, 01:23 pm »
:D those stands look interesting indeed.  The Mini T's are not that mini you know.  :D

My Paradigm Active 40's are 21.5" x 8.25" x 13.25"
The Mini T is 22.5" x 10.5" x 10"     
nearly identical, here is a pic of the stands with my Active 40

witchdoctor

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jan 2017, 01:25 pm »
Mr Tanner and any Mini T users, you will be gobsmacked by those stands and if you aren't just send them back for a refund. It is more like a giant upgrade than just a stand.

martydmnt

« Reply #13 on: 30 Jan 2017, 07:07 pm »
Mr Tanner and any Mini T users, you will be gobsmacked by those stands and if you aren't just send them back for a refund. It is more like a giant upgrade than just a stand.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a less conventional take on stands, but from your description, one that works very well.

How far are your speakers from your listening position?

gene9p

« Reply #14 on: 30 Jan 2017, 08:38 pm »
 had mine custom made here by Military Vets. Any size, height, color, sand fillable or solid, tilted or straight

http://www.gwizpro.com/index.php

not the sub table which is a former amp stand.

witchdoctor

« Reply #15 on: 30 Jan 2017, 09:27 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion. It's a less conventional take on stands, but from your description, one that works very well.

How far are your speakers from your listening position?

About 12 feet now, in my old place they were about 10 feet. The tilt is adjustable so you can adjust for your distance.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jan 2017, 11:06 pm »
About 12 feet now, in my old place they were about 10 feet. The tilt is adjustable so you can adjust for your distance.

Looks great !

james

martydmnt

« Reply #17 on: 7 Mar 2017, 02:47 pm »
I wasn't sure of the size of the bottom plate and the relative stability once the stands are attached. They'll clearly the top heavy, but if the bottom plate is slightly wider, it might be harder to tip them over.

I did end up ordering up a pair of the 18" matching stands. They arrived over the weekend. I would say they are of average build quality. I was surprised to find the "made in China" label on the box, so I'm assuming these were designed and commissioned before Target was brought under Bryston's wing.

The top plate bolts securely to the underside of the Mini T's, and the same rubber footers as the Mini T's on the bottom plate. Unfortunately the bottom of the tubes are open, making filling them with sand or something else impossible out of the box (you'd need to cap off the end somehow). The base plate is shaped as the Mini T is, with a broad front and slightly narrowing sides in the back.

Stability wise, it does take an intended push to make them tip over. I don't think you'd end up knocking them over with an inadvertent bump or brush. I'll still move them back after my listening is done just to keep them out of the way.