Salk Sound Song3 Encore Speaker Review

Mudslide

Re: Salk Sound Song3 Encore Speaker Review
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jan 2021, 05:03 pm »
Terrific review.  Many thanks, Kyle.

ilikerecords

« Reply #21 on: 20 Jan 2021, 02:23 am »
10 Songs to Show Off Your Song3 Encores (Song Title / Album):  Only The Lonely / Best of Chris Isaak (Remastered) : The Facts About Jimmy / A Few Small Repairs (20th Anniversary Edition) : This Love Is Over / God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise : Mercy Street / So (2012 Remastered) : Familiar / Citizen of Glass : If I Could / Burning In The Sun : Heart Is A Drum / Morning Phase : I Can't Make You Love Me / Luck of the Draw : Little Person / Weltentraum : My One And Only Love / Remember Love

Should be able to find all of these on Tidal.  They are all well recorded and engineered and sound fabulous on my Salk's.

Cheers!

Well I certainly hope there are many other tracks out there that sound equally as good if not better on my upcoming Encore's.  Because I wouldn't want to taint my system with any of these  :lol:

No disrespect whatsoever.  Just not my cup o' Joe.  And I'm ultra excited to get to listen to my set of Encore's someday.

owlsalum1

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jan 2021, 03:27 am »
Such a timely review. I just took the plunge on a pair of Song3 Encores. Can't wait to have them in my listening room. One interesting and curious detail. I could swear those are Satori Be tweeters in that pair. but the product page describes the tweeter as a Transducer Labs unit and the pics on the product page are definitely Transducer Labs tweeters. Was that a special request?

Kwebb

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jan 2021, 04:22 am »
Owlsalum1,

No, the tweeters were not a special request, these are the standard Song3 Encore tweeters as far as I am aware.  If not I would still not want to consider changing them. You will love these speakers.

Hope this helps.

Kyle

lewdogg

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jan 2021, 05:03 pm »
Such a timely review. I just took the plunge on a pair of Song3 Encores. Can't wait to have them in my listening room. One interesting and curious detail. I could swear those are Satori Be tweeters in that pair. but the product page describes the tweeter as a Transducer Labs unit and the pics on the product page are definitely Transducer Labs tweeters. Was that a special request?

The TL tweeters are no longer available so Jim switched to the Satori. *I think*

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jan 2021, 06:13 am »
Actually, the TL tweets are back--the company got rescued by someone.  But the Satori is at least as good and is certainly more attractive. 

Paul K.

« Reply #26 on: 23 Jan 2021, 02:20 pm »
If my memory is correct, Mark Sayer of Meniscus Audio told me that the brother of the original owner did that rescue.
Paul

Actually, the TL tweets are back--the company got rescued by someone.  But the Satori is at least as good and is certainly more attractive.