Is there a Windows 10 Setup Guide out there ?

rtate

Re: Is there a Windows 10 Setup Guide out there ?
« Reply #20 on: 22 Dec 2020, 11:35 pm »
Thanks Phil  :thumb:
Before I download the trial version of JRiver I'm going to delete the Foobar program just for housekeeping purposes
I have also downloaded WASAPI and Asio at various times. Can I remove them as well ?

Phil A

« Reply #21 on: 22 Dec 2020, 11:59 pm »
Thanks Phil  :thumb:
Before I download the trial version of JRiver I'm going to delete the Foobar program just for housekeeping purposes
I have also downloaded WASAPI and Asio at various times. Can I remove them as well ?

You don't need to delete the drivers.  You can just go into Windows 10 and select 'Manage Audio Devices' (just type in 'Control Panel' in the search box at the lower left, then select 'Hardware and Sound' and then 'Manage Audio Devices') and use the default of your choice and then go into the JRiver settings and select the same one.  That way you can always change the default devices if you choose to do so.

rtate

« Reply #22 on: 23 Dec 2020, 12:23 am »
Awesome !   :D
Hey Phil I was reading the JRiver wiki under codecs supported by MC and  noticed that it doesn't list DSD ?

Phil A

« Reply #23 on: 23 Dec 2020, 02:51 am »
It plays DSD.  My NuPrime IDA-8 on the desktop system (I use JRiver on it) will play up to quad DSD (I have a secondary system with a Hegel integrated/DAC that only does up to 192 and has limited USB functionality so I have a USB to coax converter and I use JRiver output settings to take DSD files to 176.4 PCM).  There are audio settings.  First step is to download it and go thru the 'Tools' (near the top) and then 'options' and there are a bunch of Audio settings, including drivers, sampling rates, DSD, playing back the decoded file from memory, etc.

rtate

« Reply #24 on: 23 Dec 2020, 04:00 am »
OK
Will do !