Power plug on Isabellina HPA ok for 16V Auralic Aries?

lousyreeds1

Hi folks (hi Vinnie),

I have (and love) an Isabellina HPA with the optional DC power output option.  Can this power an Auralic Aries transport, which operates at 16V?  This would be fantastic, as it would mean I wouldn't be tempted to go for the more expensive version with a fancy power supply.

Many thanks,
Oliver

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Power plug on Isabellina HPA ok for 16V Auralic Aries?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2015, 01:43 pm »
Hi folks (hi Vinnie),

I have (and love) an Isabellina HPA with the optional DC power output option.  Can this power an Auralic Aries transport, which operates at 16V?  This would be fantastic, as it would mean I wouldn't be tempted to go for the more expensive version with a fancy power supply.

Many thanks,
Oliver
If you get the ARIES LE you will not get the Dual Femto Clocks. Therefore you are not really getting all the good of the ARIES.  It's worth spending the extra $500. 

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2015, 04:05 pm »
Hi folks (hi Vinnie),

Many thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I believe that DC output option is 12Vdc.  If the Aries can run at 12V, and consumes less than 1A at 12V, then it should be ok.

Vinnie

lousyreeds1

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2015, 05:41 pm »
Ah, ok.  The Aries is at 16V so I assume that won't work.  What about a piece like the Wyred 4 Sound Remedy that operates at 9V?  Or is under 12V just as much of a no-go as over?  Thanks Vinnie.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2015, 05:04 am »
Ah, ok.  The Aries is at 16V so I assume that won't work.  What about a piece like the Wyred 4 Sound Remedy that operates at 9V?  Or is under 12V just as much of a no-go as over?  Thanks Vinnie.

Hi lousyreeds1,

While I cannot confirm if it is 100% accurate, someone did mention to me that the Aries can run 12 - 19V input (with 16V being the sweet spot), and max current draw is 1A (with 16V drawing approx. 0.5A).

I recommend you contact the company and if you get the 'ok' to feed it 12Vdc (and if it draws no more than 1A), then you should try it.

Otherwise, contact me via email about the option of having me install a 16V output for your Isabellina HPA.  It could be done, but not something
that I will have time to do for at least 6 weeks.   :wink:

Vinnie