VHP-1 Headphone Amp--Stereophile 'Class A' in Oct Issue

Rivendell61

Am I missing something?  No one seems to have mentioned this--

Congrats Dusty,
Nice review by Wes Phillips in the new Oct. Stereophile: VHP-1 headphone amp and VAC-1 power supply.
Class A in Recommended components section.

(that's CIAudio in Stereophile three months in a row....the new Musical Fidelity?)

Mark

claud

« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2005, 02:08 pm »
There have also been two good reviews at 6Moons. I posted a request for user opinions at our headphone section with no replies as yet. Even with the VAC powersupply , it seems reasonably priced. Much cheaper than my old Maxed Out Home that I have since sold. It is my plan to buy one of these w/the VAC by Xmas to use with my Senn 600s/Cardas cord.

arthurs

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2005, 03:07 pm »
I put mine on my "A" list when I got it in May.....but Stereophile seems to carry more weight in the market place :mrgreen:

Seriously, this is an incredible headphone amp that I get perpetual joy out of.....GREAT WORK DUSTY!!!

claud

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2005, 03:23 pm »
Thanks arthurs. I see you are a Cary fan too.

arthurs

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2005, 04:10 pm »
I'm using it with the 600's as well (no upgrade cable yet)....a great match!

claud

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2005, 02:03 pm »
I had another thought when I decided that this was my next system component. I see you have the big new Cary SS mono blocks. I have the V12R in an 11x13 room, and it gets right hot in the summertime. I just had an additional duct added to the room, but it is not that effective. There are two cool running amps touted on this site. Newforce and CI. I'm going to get one or the other to use for summer power. This headphone amp will give me a little experience with CI before I decide on which amps. hometheaterdoc of this forum will lend me some Newforce so I can AB them for sound. We will most likely make a local AC meeting out of the comparison.

CIAudio

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2005, 03:34 pm »
We will most likely make a local AC meeting out of the comparison.

Let me know when you want to do your AC meeting, if I have an extra pair of D-100's or D-200's, I'd be glad to send them for your comparison with the Nuforce models.

-Dusty-

claud

« Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2005, 05:44 pm »
Thanks Dusty. I have read some threads at other forums that in comparisons, the CIs were prefered over the Nuforce. but their amps have been through several changes. I think the D-100s have had a change or two themselves.
I am trying to hold off till next month to order the VHP-1/VAC-1 combo, but my willpower is loosing the fight.

CIAudio

« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2005, 05:17 pm »
For those of you attending the RMAF in Denver, the VHP-1/VAC-1 combo can be heard at the Music Direct booth in the Columbine Center of the Marriott Tech Center...we hope you can stop by to take a listen.

D-200 Class D Mono's will also be used by other manufacturers to demonstrate their gear. I'll post the manufacturers and room numbers soon.

-Dusty-