Angela-Gilbert Yeung Audio C310

DecibleDude

Angela-Gilbert Yeung Audio C310
« on: 5 May 2024, 04:07 pm »
 I came across a YouTube channel yesterday which was quite entertaining and promotes this brand by a couple which is unique, though as a not particularly technical person I cannot ascertain the validity of claims for. Anyway, they have a unit called the C310 which I believe is a preamp. They have poured some sort of silicone all over certain components of the amp I think with the intention of dampening it from vibration. even the wires in places are supported by strings of silicone bridging the wires together. From my own perspective it's not a pretty sight, but of course that's subjective. I mentioned this to them and their response was keep the lid on. Quite a funny come back I thought. I'm curious to what extent some of you think this is credible, and I'd recommend watching the video to ascertain to what extent this should be taken seriously. If nothing else I think it's entertaining, and interesting, and I have a sense that they may be on to something although I'm not as knowledgeable as technical people will be figuring that out. What do you all think?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Angela-Gilbert Yeung Audio C310
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2024, 04:18 pm »
I came across a YouTube channel yesterday which was quite entertaining and promotes this brand by a couple which is unique, though as a not particularly technical person I cannot ascertain the validity of claims for. Anyway, they have a unit called the C310 which I believe is a preamp. They have poured some sort of silicone all over certain components of the amp I think with the intention of dampening it from vibration. even the wires in places are supported by strings of silicone bridging the wires together. From my own perspective it's not a pretty sight, but of course that's subjective. I mentioned this to them and their response was keep the lid on. Quite a funny come back I thought. I'm curious to what extent some of you think this is credible, and I'd recommend watching the video to ascertain to what extent this should be taken seriously. If nothing else I think it's entertaining, and interesting, and I have a sense that they may be on to something although I'm not as knowledgeable as technical people will be figuring that out. What do you all think?
Having not seen the video I canot speak with precision, but it is well known that silicone is better than Teflon in electronics, but its difficult to use for being too soft.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2024, 04:36 pm »

Mike B.

« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2024, 04:51 pm »
Gilbert is known for Blue Circle Audio

stylerb

« Reply #4 on: 5 May 2024, 07:38 pm »
Angela-Gilbert is a bit of a mad scientist, but i have owned several Blue Circle pieces over the years and can confidently say their amps and preamps sound fantastic. though i had a BC DAC but i thought it was a bit too sterile sounding. she's long used silicone to damp things inside gear. also tends to build products with large power supplies and or options to add extra power supply down the road.

i think BC got to be a bit too much work and it was mostly a one man show. the last few years she seems to be trying to find a partnership that works. first was Saturn Audio and now selling thru Entracte Audio.

DecibleDude

« Reply #5 on: 5 May 2024, 08:47 pm »
This video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0l_gxHAg0

No it's the most recent / first, video under videos on that same site.