SportsNet

Mag

SportsNet
« on: 14 Feb 2024, 09:32 pm »
  I'm all set for Blue Jays baseball season as I subscribed to SportsNet on Prime. Thing is I won't be home to watch all of the games and I don't know at this time if they repeat the games except for Jays in 30 minutes.
  I was wondering if anyone knows of a digital video recorder for PC as I no longer have my Cable digital box?
 I'm hoping the Jays do better this years as far as hitting the ball and not having the whole line up shut down by a hot pitcher. I don't see a weak spot on the team except for them getting shut down more than they should, they need a clutch hitter. :smoke:

WGH

Re: SportsNet
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2024, 11:25 pm »
I was wondering if anyone knows of a digital video recorder for PC as I no longer have my Cable digital box?

The Windows Snipping Tool can record video and sound and saves it as a MP4 file that can be watched using any player like VLC Media Player but it doesn't have a timer so that doesn't help if you're not home.
I tried it out recording the Godzilla x Kong trailer on YouTube and the video had sound. I use Windows 11.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learning-center/how-to-record-screen-windows-11

The free recorders in the Microsoft Store don't look like they have timers either.

Check out these recorders in the link below, some have a free version that adds a watermark which will allow you to try it out before buying. I think the Snipping Tool has a 2 hour limit so a recorder with an unlimited time limit would be necessary to record baseball.
https://recorder.easeus.com/screen-recording-tips/schedule-recording.html

Mag

Re: SportsNet
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2024, 11:39 pm »
   Discovered that I don't need a recorder as I'm watching the replay NHL game that I watched last night between Boston and Tampa.
Haven't noticed excessive ads other than what is on SportsNet. However I also have Ad Blocker on my Firewall and Chrome.