Springy wood floors...Sandbox yes

jshefik

Springy wood floors...Sandbox yes
« on: 6 Jul 2012, 03:35 pm »
Just getting to know my Amadeus has been a fun and interesting time. Actually, I am getting used to a lot of new gear in my system that has been very stable for quite a few years (did not do much listening past few years) Having switched to Ported speakers Usher Mini Dancer 2's,after the Nestorovic 5AS's, has me limiting volume as the woofers oscillate like mad at volume, I need me some volume...So I added my sandbox back into the mix...more volume yes! Now I have to re adjust goo/VTA VTF and loading to get some of the sparkle back...

Erocka2000

Re: Springy wood floors...Sandbox yes
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2012, 05:53 pm »
Nice! I also use the Nova Phonomena. You should try loading the XX2 at 280ohms. I used that setting when I had a 20x2L, which is similar to the XX2.  It took me a few tries to get my rig set up the way I like it. But man, is it sweet once you do.

jshefik

Re: Springy wood floors...Sandbox yes
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2012, 06:00 pm »
I have the sparkle, that was not too hard. This will eventually be a set and forget TT I can tell. Playing some Albert King http://www.amazon.com/Wanna-Get-Funky-Albert-King/dp/B000000ZJF which used to be unplayable (he can really play some sharp notes) and it had it all. Gotta have volume...Got it again.