EA7700 - going rate for a used one

BobM

EA7700 - going rate for a used one
« on: 5 Jan 2005, 02:23 pm »
A friend has an EA modded 7700 that he may be willing to part with (uncompromizing vinyl-head). I'm not really sure what level of mods he has in the unit yet, but lets assume level 1 and 2 - not turbo and no super clock.

What would the going rate be in the used market these days (not many for sale so I have no benchmark)?

If he has a turbo and superclock, and maybe even the Jenson cap mod as well, then I would guess a reasonable markup on the level 1 and 2 unit would be about 1/2 the additional mod cost - no?

Thanks,
Bob

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: EA7700 - going rate for a used one
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2005, 04:56 pm »
Quote from: BobM
A friend has an EA modded 7700 that he may be willing to part with (uncompromizing vinyl-head). I'm not really sure what level of mods he has in the unit yet, but lets assume level 1 and 2 - not turbo and no super clock.

What would the going rate be in the used market these days (not many for sale so I have no benchmark)?

If he has a turbo and superclock, and maybe even the Jenson cap mod as well, then I would guess a reasonable markup on the level 1 and 2 unit would be about 1/2 the additional mod cost - no?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

It really depends on demand (pretty cheesey answer).  

We recently discussed this over on Wayne's circle (what modified gear would be worth when selling).  I believe that the seller wound up getting around 55% of the total he had invested (unit + mods).  This is a little better than normal, but gives you an idea.

You can get a used S-7700 for around $200-250.

Send me a PM with info on what has actually been done to the unit as I might be interested at the right price.

George

jcoat007