• http://www.bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #2540 on: 26 Sep 2023, 12:47 pm »
Just in engineering at this point.

gwhphoto

« Reply #2541 on: 14 Oct 2023, 04:54 pm »
Hi

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why the cumbersome use of an internet webpage?  Why can't Bryston just develop an app for control of the pre-amp.   The current system seems very complicated compared to what a straightforward app would be.  Or, is the problem that the BR 20 does not have bluetooth or wireless connectivity that would allow an app to work directly from a phone or tablet?

Also, my new BR 20 is on the way.   I see that I need a separate control device (pad or phone) to use the digital aspects.   I have seen lots of posts in this thread that apple devices do not work with Manic Moose?  I was going to get an ipad but do I need an android device?  All of my computers are apple.     My only non-apple device is my phone, which is a Samsung.   Would I be good using my phone?

Just wondering.

And thanks for any advice.  I am new to high end digital streaming so need to get up to speed on the basics.

pnut

« Reply #2542 on: 15 Oct 2023, 11:51 pm »
I can't speak to IOS as I don't use Apple products, but your Android phone will work fine.  A tablet would be better because of the larger screen of course.

I too would much prefer a bluetooth app, but MM works well enough.  I do find that it sometimes tells me it can't connect when I know it can (because I have web connectivity) and I have to re-type the URL in the address bar to get it to locate my BDA, sometimes more than once.  That's annoying, but once it communicates with the BDA it works fine.  I will say that there are a lot of setup items that are not well explained or documented, and there are a lot of aspects that are not intuitive.  I hope the new version-- Naughty Narwhal? -- will be better.

gbaby

« Reply #2543 on: 18 Oct 2023, 07:52 pm »
  I have seen lots of posts in Athis thread that apple devices do not work with Manic Moose?  I was going to get an ipad but do I need an android device?  All of my computers are apple.     My only non-apple device is my phone, which is a Samsung.   Would I be good using my phone?

Just wondering.

And thanks for any advice.  I am new to high end digital streaming so need to get up to speed on the basics.

I have an M1 iPad Pro, an iPhone and three MacBook Pros. These are all Apple products that work fine on my BDP3/BDA3.

vonnie123

« Reply #2544 on: 2 Nov 2023, 11:20 pm »
Hi

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why the cumbersome use of an internet webpage?  Why can't Bryston just develop an app for control of the pre-amp.   The current system seems very complicated compared to what a straightforward app would be.  Or, is the problem that the BR 20 does not have bluetooth or wireless connectivity that would allow an app to work directly from a phone or tablet?

Also, my new BR 20 is on the way.   I see that I need a separate control device (pad or phone) to use the digital aspects.   I have seen lots of posts in this thread that apple devices do not work with Manic Moose?  I was going to get an ipad but do I need an android device?  All of my computers are apple.     My only non-apple device is my phone, which is a Samsung.   Would I be good using my phone?

Just wondering.

Apple stuff will manage Manic Moose, both via Roon, and the Manic Moose platform.

Where are you having trouble.  Do you use Roon? or another platform? 

pnut

« Reply #2545 on: 4 Nov 2023, 09:18 pm »
Got a question...

In MM (latest version), when I first set up my BDA-3.14 and configured MM, there was an option under "Audio Devices" setup screen to turn on/off volume control.  I don't recall how I set that, but I think I set it up as off, or disable.  Every time I go back into that screen now, I no longer see that setting at all.  Here's a screenshot:

Why do I not see the setting anymore?  There is only the startup volume, no ability to enable or disable volume control.

jobiwon

« Reply #2546 on: 5 Nov 2023, 11:51 pm »
This what mine looks like in my Pi. I have toslink selected.

version:
S2.45 2022-10-05
Qobuz
Fixed bug with qobuz software library

S2.45 2022-09-15
BDP-1
Bug fix for lost connection issue
loads older binary that is still BDP-1 Compatible
Updated mpd_client.js to be compatible between both binary versions
TIDAL playback, if swap file is enabled (scratch disk) player will use swap file, should improve playback reliability
Qobuz
Updated playlist get request in qobuz library