Home theater

Dwbrann

Home theater
« on: 11 Nov 2020, 02:39 am »
I’m building a new home and will have a dedicated theater room. I’ve been anxiously awaiting the AV kits to come off back order. I’m hoping to have it built before I move in May. Is a return of stock likely anytime soon?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Home theater
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2020, 04:02 am »
From what Danny has mentioned recently, the M130 woofers should be available again in December.

I'm excited to see what your plan are once kits are available!

acerichanus

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2020, 06:32 pm »
I am anxiously awaiting a HT/ music option also!

WarmColors

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2020, 04:00 am »
What receiver will you be using? I was originally going to build a home theater set up, I just hate running cables. If I ever have the opportunity to own a home or even build a home, I will definitely run the cables in the wall.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2020, 04:58 pm »
What receiver will you be using? I was originally going to build a home theater set up, I just hate running cables. If I ever have the opportunity to own a home or even build a home, I will definitely run the cables in the wall.

I use a Marantz SR-7008 receiver in the living room HT/music system and an Arcam AV40 preamp/processor for HT duties in my main listening system. The SR-7008 used to be in my main system but was moved to the living room system after getting the Arcam.

The Marantz handles all the preamp, processing, and amplification duties in the living room. In the main system, all music preamp and processing duties, as well as all amplification, is done with PS Audio equipment.

acerichanus

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2020, 07:40 pm »
Denon X2300 for me.