Omegastore

Louis O

Omegastore
« on: 15 Mar 2009, 12:19 am »
Hi All,

I was thinking about this for a while and looks like it will be happening very soon.

The Omegastore is a thread that will include the new Super 3is and all my demos, Bstock and various one offs and fun stuff. The new Super 3is will have an automatic credit of $400 for trading up. At any time there could be an OB or a Bipole 6.5 anything. I have PHY drivers and a Fostex 2 way kit from the 80's NOS, wild finishes including metals. I did have a fire and we could have a fire sale once it's all settled.

I will link it over at my site and it's great to have it here to share.

Thanks,
Louis

penger

Re: Omegastore
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2009, 03:02 am »
Any updates to this?

mlgill

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2009, 07:51 pm »
I am interested in your Omega sale..... :o

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2009, 01:08 am »
It should be soon. I need to take a lot of pics. I have a lot of great stuff. When I get the OK with the adjuster I will have a good fire sale too. I have to wait on this one, but should be soon.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2009, 09:41 pm »
Hi All,

It's coming soon and have a lot of Super 3is. Tons of them at $375 a pair. I will start with these.

Thanks,
Louis

almonduck

« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2009, 03:20 am »
I did a little searching, but couldn't find any details on the Super 3is.  What are they exactly? 

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2009, 07:21 pm »
I did a little searching, but couldn't find any details on the Super 3is.  What are they exactly?
I think this is a new speaker Louis has been working on. Uses the same driver as the current 5 series.

Louis O

« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2009, 11:54 pm »
Hi almonduck,

Alwayswantmoreis correct. It's an entry-level model that is smaller than the 5 monitors, but uses the same driver. The tuning is different. My original plan was to make them wide baffle and I built many of them. The plan changed to narrow baffle. The speakers will go for $575 a pair and since I have quite a few wide ones, I will sell these for $375 a pair. Great deal on them.

I will have pics as soon as I get myself another camera. I tripped over the tripod and that was that for the old one.

Thanks,
Louis

ZLS

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jun 2009, 12:37 pm »
    I have a prototype of the Super 3 wide baffle that Louis lent to me as I wait for my OB's. 

They are awesome little speakers, very musical.  Combine  them with a Deep Hemp Cube and you will have a speaker system that puts others to shame.    I am tempted to put it much more graphic terms, but I am trying to restrain myself. 

At $575 a pair, they are a great value.  At $375 a pair they are a steal.   

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jun 2009, 06:48 pm »
    I have a prototype of the Super 3 wide baffle that Louis lent to me as I wait for my OB's. 

They are awesome little speakers, very musical.  Combine  them with a Deep Hemp Cube and you will have a speaker system that puts others to shame.    I am tempted to put it much more graphic terms, but I am trying to restrain myself. 

How's the bass without a sub? Would they compare to typical small monitors (in terms of bass)?

mcullinan

« Reply #10 on: 9 Jun 2009, 07:19 pm »
Loius,
I heard your Super Alinco 8s and thought they were fabulous! Incredible realism... I bet you they are a match made in heaven for jazz!
Mike

Mariusz

« Reply #11 on: 9 Jun 2009, 07:26 pm »
Loius,
I heard your Super Alinco 8s and thought they were fabulous! Incredible realism... I bet you they are a match made in heaven for jazz!
Mike

I am glad you like them Mike.
And yes, they are very, very nice speakers.

Louis

I might come over ones again.
Will bring "X" in person and need to talk to you about few things.

Thanks for great speakers. :drool:

Mariusz :thumb:

Louis O

« Reply #12 on: 9 Jun 2009, 10:25 pm »
Thanks Mike I'm very happy you like the Alnico 8s.

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks and stop by anytime.

Talk to you soon,
Louis

ZLS

« Reply #13 on: 9 Jun 2009, 10:40 pm »

How's the bass without a sub? Would they compare to typical small monitors (in terms of bass)?

One word answer, yes. Remember it is a 4 1/2" driver that is responsible for the bass (along with everything else!) 
    The one attribute that all Omega Speakers share is the coherence of presentation.  The connection to the music is instantaneous.  The single driver approach is ideal for a small monitor.   

Mariusz

« Reply #14 on: 9 Jun 2009, 10:52 pm »
Thanks Louis
will contact you via PM to schedule the visit at your convinience.

At $375 a pair they are a steal.
It is indeed.
Add small sub like REL Cube and never look back.

Mariusz :thumb:

Louis O

« Reply #15 on: 26 Jun 2009, 08:58 pm »
Hi Mariusz,

Sounds great and still a little work needs to be done in the soundroom.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #16 on: 8 Aug 2009, 08:13 pm »
Hi All,

Omegastore will be open by September. Have a lot of interesting stuff and will kick it off with a 3i giveaway.

Thanks,
Louis