Hi-Fi Bar?

Tomy2Tone

Hi-Fi Bar?
« on: 5 Oct 2018, 05:49 pm »
Looks like a cool idea to me, anybody in the LA area been to one of these?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-hi-fi-bars-20181004-story.html

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Hi-Fi Bar?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2018, 07:28 pm »
There are two or three hi-fi coffee shops in Taipei. The one I have visited is very cool. I'll see if I can find links...

Michael

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2018, 07:56 pm »
I think it's an awesome idea!  If it gets people to put down their phones and take part in something bigger than themselves then that's good.  And it would appear to make it a social event as well is cool too.  If this idea travels up the coast to Seattle I can see myself visiting one.

MttBsh

« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2018, 07:59 pm »
It seems to me that many of us who lurk here at AudioCircle have systems that could rival or maybe even surpass those in Hi-Fi bars.... and listening at home has the following added advantages:

- Super comfortable seating
- You get to choose what to listen to
- You get to choose who listens with you - or if you want to listen by yourself
- Drinks are stronger - and cheaper

I probably won't be visiting any Hi-Fi bars.

mcgsxr

« Reply #4 on: 5 Oct 2018, 08:16 pm »
mresseguie - I recall there was a small coffee shop not far from Taiwan National University that had a nice hi fi setup in the mid 90's - likely long gone!  They had Usher amps and speakers back in the day.  They even let me spin a set a few times.

There was also a music store on Roosevelt Road (way out by where it starts up into the mountains towards the long (and awesome) ride to Ilan.  That store had a full floor standing set of Genesis speakers.