Eminent technology 8 questions

maplegrovemusic

• Please Be kind to your ears .... Treat your room
Eminent technology 8 questions
« on: 9 Jun 2018, 12:38 am »
Hello , I have just acquired a used pair of 8's . I am in the process of hooking up and have run into a road block . Anyone know what is going on with this pair ? The attenuater terminal strip is Mia . Guessing the previous owner modded or have a first generation model . Do not see any images on the web similar to this pair , Please see pics for what I am dealing with . Thanks,mike.

maplegrovemusic

Re: Eminent technology 8 questions
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2018, 01:27 am »
Forgot to ask my main question . Can anyone tell by looking see where I need to put the spade of the loose black wire ? I see nowhere logical but one of the woofer or mids/tweeter positive or negative binding posts . . Thanks , mike.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2018, 10:13 am »
Photos too dark and small to see, I suggest read the supposed to have labels on the connections.
« Last Edit: 9 Jun 2018, 11:59 am by FullRangeMan »

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2018, 12:51 pm »
Contact Eminent Technologies?

Emil

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2018, 03:24 pm »
Yes, call ET on Monday but if you would like an answer sooner, try here
https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/MUG/bbs.html

maplegrovemusic

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jun 2018, 05:29 pm »
No answer from eminent technology by phone as of yet. Sure it is something simple to setup . Would be great to be listening to them right now and not days from now when I might reach the company .

FredT300B

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2018, 10:24 am »
It appears somebody has bypassed the internal tweeter caps and installed higher quality caps. Look at the LFT-8 crossover schematic and the values of the replacement caps, and you might be able to determine what's happening with the modification. I suspect the spade is intended to go to either to the pos or neg speaker cable terminals.

http://www.eminent-tech.com/manuals/lft-8manual.pdf