Startos used value?

mswobo

• always after better sound need a money tree
Startos used value?
« on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:12 pm »
Thinking of selling my Odyssey Stratos, mono blocks. I bought them used from someone who bought them used. Dont know the entire family tress for sure. Do you think clearing $1200 on my end after all fees is reasonable? They look great and of course play great. Never really see them for sale.

Phil A

Re: Startos used value?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:38 pm »
You can look at hifishark.  It searches all for sale stuff.  They will come up from time to time.  Depends on how much of a rush one is in.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:41 pm »
There's also stuff here to search if one does a search of the classifieds for Odyssey

Brettio

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:44 pm »
Another thing about Odyssey gear in particular is to be sure to list any upgrades to the amps, if applicable (this goes for comparing prices as well).

Brett

hungping

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2018, 11:04 pm »
Thinking of selling my Odyssey Stratos, mono blocks. I bought them used from someone who bought them used. Dont know the entire family tress for sure. Do you think clearing $1200 on my end after all fees is reasonable? They look great and of course play great. Never really see them for sale.

Hello mswobo,

I am a new member here. I register this forum simply I saw a few used Startos for sale in the past. I would be interested to buy your Startos in the price range you ask. I think it is fair. The only concern would be not knowing the update/upgrade history of the unit.
Another problem for me now is that I am new here thus I could not send PM or post to the classified forum. But I  am trying to post a few and to see if I could have the previoleg to buy/trade things in here. Thanks you

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2018, 12:40 am »
Another problem for me now is that I am new here thus I could not send PM or post to the classified forum.

Ben, new members need to have 3 posts before you can send PM.
It should work now.
Welcome to AudioCircle!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2018, 12:53 am »
Guys,

ALEWAYS< ALWAYS< ALWAYS   call me first...this way I can make sure that both,  the seller and the buyer have a fair range based on age and upgrades...furthermore,  one can always send them to me first to check them out,  and maybe re-cap or upgrade them,  even though this can take a bit....as I'm even more hammered now than ever before...

Late,

Klaus

JCarney

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2018, 01:21 am »
There is an Odyssey Stratos extreme red board 2 channel amp for sale here on AC for $900 if that helps at all in figuring out what to ask.
What up Klaus, how ya been?

JCarney

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=156776.msg1677868

hungping

« Reply #8 on: 6 Apr 2018, 02:08 am »
Ben, new members need to have 3 posts before you can send PM.
It should work now.
Welcome to AudioCircle!

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. I did post a few now and I could start to search my targets...... :)

! I started to navigate here and found a lot of very useful info.

hungping

« Reply #9 on: 6 Apr 2018, 02:09 am »
There is an Odyssey Stratos extreme red board 2 channel amp for sale here on AC for $900 if that helps at all in figuring out what to ask.

JCarney

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=156776.msg1677868

Thanks JCarney,
I did PMed the seller and let's see what it would be. Thanks again for the info.

Ben

Studio19atx

« Reply #10 on: 6 Apr 2018, 02:14 am »
I have had good luck looking up prices on http://usedprice.com/index.html recently. The prices are fairly accurate and representative of current market price.

But for Odyssey gear, I would contact Klaus to get more accurate and unbiased price.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #11 on: 6 Apr 2018, 02:31 am »

JCarney

Well,  you know...same old shit,  different year....