My Girl Tift gets a Grammy Nomination!

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
« on: 12 Dec 2004, 04:39 pm »
Local girl of whom I've been crowing last couple of years. Read about it HERE and her redesigned website is HERE

It's really ironic that her first album is far more 'country' and Tambourine is more roots rock, yet she gets the country nom for that effort.

Jon L

« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2004, 08:26 pm »
Good for her.  I have both of Tift Merritt's albums and enjoy both very much.  I just wish she gets a good producer next time as some of her tracks are recorded rather poorly.

Music Maven

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2004, 11:08 pm »
Yeah, good deal! I hope to pick up one of her albums! It's nice to follow an up-and-coming star. Something that kinda makes you pat yourself on the back to "get in on the ground floor" of a rising star.

mojoman

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2004, 05:15 pm »
I was glad to see she got nominated.  I've seen her a couple  of times at the Cat's Cradle.  I guess the local scene will lose her to fame and fortune like we did with Ryan Adams and Ben Folds.

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2005, 07:26 am »
I bought her album based on a stellar review in Hi Fi Plus.  She's pretty damn good for a country gal.

Michael

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
« Reply #5 on: 5 Jan 2005, 11:17 am »
Michael,
Which one? ... I presume Tambourine.  I actually might like Bramble Rose better.  Based on that one, my best description of her was the premature reincarnation of Emmylou Harris (with additional song-writing talent).

Mojoman,
Yeah me too, and over at the museum last year.  I think she'll always play CC (as sort of her 'home'), but we may end up having to campthere to get in.  She's coming back in mid-February, I believe.  She's on tour out west right now, for the rest of youse guys.

mcrespo71

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jan 2005, 04:34 pm »
Yes, Tambourine is what I purchased.  I'll try to get the other one in BMG as well.  I think the recording is pretty good, but I've voiced my system so many recordings sound pretty good.  I'm not spending the rest of my life listening to reference recordings (like it), Diana Krap, Sheffield Labs (Pretty much crap),and chesky (like some, though the jazz stuff breaks absolutely NO GROUND- pretty background music)- if I'm forced to do that, I leave high end.

Michael