FS: Hypex NCore NC400BTL $2389/pr, 1200W @ 2 Ohm, 1 Ohm minimum

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Posted here with Duke's permission.  I appreciate readers reposting this in their favorite interweb haunts.  If this post causes you to bid, please mention Duke and/or AudioKinesis.

For sale:
One pair of amps I built, Hypex NCore NC400BTL/bridged tied load, 400/800/1200W @ 8/4/2 Ohm, 1 Ohm minimum.  Upon request I shall convert the amps to regular Stereo, 200/400/600W @ 8/4/2 Ohm, 1 Ohm minimum.  These two BTL amps converted to Stereo are exact performance equal of four NC400 mono bloc w/600W PS each. BTL mode outperforms non-BTL NC400 at all power ranges, even small fraction of a watt.     

Listed now at Audiogon for $2389/pr: https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-hypex-nc400btl-bridged-mono-blocks-2017-06-07-amplifiers-84332-providence-ut--2

Plenty of images in the ad, with lots of product notes.  I thought it prudent to save data space here, rather than repost images.  Upon request I'll repost images here.   

Thanks!
James

strateahed

Hello James, aren't those cases the "original" Siliconray enclosures ... before they started making the James Romeyn custom NC400 boxes? If so, I'm a little surprised at how much is fit in there. Excellent work btw!

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
Howdy,
Actually, I designed the original mono Siliconray chassis first, then this stereo chassis.  Since the stereo chassis arrived, IIRC I never sold another regular mono amp again, except these BTL mono in the stereo chassis. 

Thanks for the note.  I built dozens of NC400, constantly modifying my record of the length of each wire up/down in 5mm steps, for just enough slack but no more than necessary.  The main wire harness takes longer to make than any other single task.

If anyone employs NC400 w/system having 13.4 dB or more spare gain, remove R141 on NC400 for even lower noise floor.  (Stock gain is 25.5 dB w/R141 installed, 12.1 dB w/R141 removed.)