bootleg site

PhilNYC

bootleg site
« on: 12 Nov 2004, 11:41 pm »
Wasn't sure if this was the appropriate forum...

But has anyone ordered CDs from www.shopbootlegs.com?  If so, what do you think of the CDs you got there?

PhilNYC

bootleg site
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2004, 11:29 pm »
FWIW, I just picked up the Jeff Beck bootleg here (recorded live at BB King's in NYC...this is an authorized live recording).  Any JB fans *need* this disc...awesome performance, very good recording...

tvyankee

bootleg site
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2004, 12:34 am »
hey guys.

another great bootleg sight is  www.archive.org

happy  downloading.

cjr888

Re: bootleg site
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2004, 02:19 pm »
Quote from: PhilNYC
Wasn't sure if this was the appropriate forum...

But has anyone ordered CDs from www.shopbootlegs.com?  If so, what do you think of the CDs you got there?

I've ordered from them with no issues.  Recently picked up the Modest Mouse CD from them.  I would assume quality would vary as I believe they are a reseller and nothing more (blatant assumption)...but they are all discs approved and usually created by the bands.

Thump553

bootleg site
« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2004, 02:43 pm »
There is no reason to buy most bootlegs.  Many groups have old concerts (and some new) freely traded on such sites as the archive.org site linked by tvyankee above.  For example, I have gotten a couple of Jeff Beck concerts this way.  With a high speed connection, and using bit torrent (BT) you would be astonished at what is out there for free.

Another great site for downloading concerts is Easytree:
http://www.easytree.org/

Note that Easytree requires registration (it's free) and that it is most likely going to cap its maximum number of registered users at 100,000.  It's rapidly approaching this level now, so if you are interested at all, sign up.  

There are also literally hundreds of other BT sites out there.  There are also sites that promote regular mail trades for the bandwidth challenged or for those groups that don't favor electronic trading of their concerts (the Allman Brothers, for example).  Post here or PM me if you have any questions or want any more links.

PhilNYC

bootleg site
« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2004, 02:57 pm »
Thump...how's the recording quality on those JBeck concerts you've got?