Issue with VAMP and LMS - resolved - and now dead!

mcgsxr

Issue with VAMP and LMS - resolved - and now dead!
« on: 17 Jan 2014, 06:04 pm »
I have been using a hacked Pogoplug running LMS for closing on 9 months now,without issue.

This week I allowed LMS to update, and now I cannot see my playlist.  I can play music, and I can see my library, but the current list of now playing just spools and will not load. 

Odd.  Anyone seen this?
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2018, 05:33 pm by mcgsxr »

mcgsxr

Re: Issue with VAMP and LMS
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2014, 07:29 pm »
Hmmm.  iPeng can "see" the playlist, just my PC interfaces don't.

Ah well, at least it's free!

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2014, 03:43 pm »
Appears to have been an issue with the Pogoplug.

Subbing in an old stock SB3 has cured the issue.

I will have to test the Pogoplug again in time to see if I just need to reload the s/w or whatever.

Back to the tunes!

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2014, 02:47 pm »
Did not want to spend the time yet to sort out why the Pogo was not showing up on LMS (it does appear in my router), so I installed SoftSqueeze on the dedicated netbook, and am running my USB-spdif converter directly off the netbook for now.

I will poke around with a reinstall of VAMP later for the Pogo.

Not sure from a sound perspective if using a VAMP as the player sounds any different than running Softsqueeze on the server and using it for playback too or not.

I do know that Softsqueeze does not play any of my 24 bit music.  The VAMP could so that will be one motivation to get it up and running again.

mcgsxr

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2014, 07:38 pm »
Got it sorted out.

I had to install a newer version of Squeezelite on the Pogoplug.

As luck would have it, I found a post by lcrim on another site, and with those explicit instructions I am up and running again.

Good thing too, as Squeezeplay plays static when it hits a 24 bit file...

http://vortexbox.org/forum/vortexbox/beta-development/51053-solved-how-to-update-squeezelite-version

mcgsxr

Re: Issue with VAMP and LMS - resolved
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2018, 05:31 pm »
My Pogoplug died over the weekend - no more lightweight player!

For the moment I am using Airplay from my iPad, but will research what folks have been doing with Raspberry Pi's to clone a Squeezebox player.