Disappointed in UPnP/DLNA control software - advice?

Mike-48

Re: Disappointed in UPnP/DLNA control software - advice?
« Reply #20 on: 21 Sep 2018, 09:13 pm »
Your not missing a thing. UPnP sucks if you want to have fun and listening to music. If you want to constantly wrestle with software and network problems, well... then, I suppose its great. ROON was my solution.
UPnP can have a learning curve, but once it's understood, many of us find it reliable and enjoyable for everyday use. I'm glad you found something that suits you better.

Phil A

Re: Disappointed in UPnP/DLNA control software - advice?
« Reply #21 on: 22 Sep 2018, 12:14 am »
I concur.  Had some time last night and was able to get the Bubble UPNP App (did not install the Bubble UPNP server on the NAS) on an old cheapo Android tablet.  The new Hegel H190 in my secondary system (which does not see tons of use) can do up to 192kHz via a network connection and the Bubble UPNP App will transcode higher resolution things (above the 192kHz sampling rate like DSD) and allow it to play.  I can see the same folders (and album thumbnails) on the NAS (which are organized like Jazz non-HiRes or Jazz hiRes) which I use with the Lumin App for my Lumin U1 in the main system.  Now I'll take out the Windows 10 music server and Teac UD-501 DAC and use them in another secondary system.