Buying Australian or British Imports

bob82274

« on: 28 Dec 2002, 12:59 am »
Where do you guys buy your Aussie or British imports?  The album I am looking for is 'Lamb: What Sound.' For whatever reason they decided not to realease it in the states unlike their previous albums.  I went to B&N and CDNOW and they both had it but it was $27 and $25 respectivly.

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2002, 05:19 am »
A lot of times it's cheaper to get them straight from the country where it's released. Try amazon.uk for the British stuff.

The stuff I buy from Australia is DVD's, not CD's so I can't give you a specific place to go check. But you might want to just try eBay. I quite often run across Australians selling Aussie only releases on eBay, you might find it there.

RJ

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2002, 05:21 am »
CD Universe has it for $20.99.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2003, 11:28 pm »
I have ordered from England and Germany. I just searched from Google until I found what I wanted at a decent total price.

bob82274

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2003, 01:54 am »
Ya know sometimes even the simplest things make too much sense.

Ferdi

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2003, 04:17 pm »
In my experience, www.play.com has a good selection of both music and movie discs. I find their prices typically competitive.

Play is located in Jersey. Most of their R2 stuff is UK, they also have a seperate R1 section.

I am not sure if they ship outside Europe but you can give it a try.

bob82274

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2005, 07:45 am »
Its sad when you go to ask a question (I needed to know where to get a British Import) and realize that you were the one who already asked it.  Granted this was over two years ago but still... :oops:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2005, 07:55 am »
Quote from: bob82274
Its sad when you go to ask a question (I needed to know where to get a British Import) and realize that you were the one who already asked it.  Granted this was over two years ago but still... :oops:
Yep, its been two years :roll: ....so where did you wind up buying from..... :?:

bob82274

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jan 2005, 01:01 am »
Amazon.co.uk... I was ready to check out but I thought I should check here first to see if there was a better place.  We shall see how bad the exchange rate kills me though. :evil:

jetboy

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jan 2005, 12:27 pm »
You should do reasonably well as far as exchange rates go. For instance, if you buy something for $10 Australian, it currently works out to be anywhere between 70-75c US, depending on the daily rate (which has remained steady for quite awhile). Another option is to get another AC member to buy them for you locally, and trade for product they might want from the USA but can't afford to import. That way, you both pay local prices, and get the imports you wanted without the hefty price tag.