New here ting my home audio upgrade adventure

BillsFan

New here ting my home audio upgrade adventure
« on: 7 Aug 2020, 11:29 pm »
Hello all,

I’ve just recently started to upgrade my home theater setup. I’ve owned a couple pairs of home speakers in the past (nothing too great) and was pretty into car audio for a while. As far as home theater I’m upgrading from an entry level Boston acoustics 5.1 setup (with 3” drivers. lol).

I recently bought a Sony x900 4K tv and SVS pb12-nsd subwoofer. I also have a 75w x 5 (8 ohm 20hz to 20khz with 0.08% THD) denon receiver that I’ll be using for now.

Next upgrade on the list is a new 5.0 speaker setup. Or maybe just the L/C/R if I blow my whole budget on the front 3... then a new receiver or pre/power amp some time after that.

Unfortunately, speaker shopping in person is a bit complicated at the moment. So I’ve been doing a lot of reading online and came across GR research which led me to this forum. I’ve enjoyed exploring the websites of numerous companies here and look forward to checking out the rest!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New here ting my home audio upgrade adventure
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2020, 11:46 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2020, 03:10 am »
Welcome!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2020, 12:43 pm »
Welcome!

Check out audiosciencereview.com or erinsaudiocorner.com for science based speaker reviews (versus pretty prose from a single sighted listeners who lack testing gear).

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2020, 02:06 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC BillsFan   :thumb: