Hello From St. Louis MO

arfan

Hello From St. Louis MO
« on: 5 Aug 2020, 01:42 am »
I've been interested in electronics since I was 12 years old. Cut my teeth on a home made stereo with 2 scraped jukebox amplifiers, the associated speakers mounted in home made boxes and a turntable. That was in 1960 in my dad's basement workshop. I had my first system in the early 70's when I finished my schooling and a stint in the service during the Vietnam era. It was the Harmon Kardon Citation series 11,12 and 15 ,AR turntable and  KLH Model 5 and 23 speakers. Slowly evolved to planar speakers with various amplifiers to drive them and associated source equipment. I listen to digital and vinyl but mostly digital. My ears are still reasonably good so listening to all kinds of music is enjoyable.     

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello From St. Louis MO
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2020, 02:00 am »
Welcome  :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2020, 02:22 am »
You sound just like a lot of us around here!   :thumb:

What planars do you run?

We have the Gateway Audio Society here; great bunch of very supportive folks! :notworthy:

sturgus

« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2020, 02:34 am »
Welcome  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 5 Aug 2020, 02:56 am »
Welcome to AC!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 5 Aug 2020, 11:34 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC arfan   :thumb:

arfan

« Reply #6 on: 6 Aug 2020, 01:05 am »
Thanks all.

Thunderbrick
I've heard of the local audio society just never had the time. I have magnepan 1.7's,driven by Stratos Extremes +++ and an Audible Illusions M3B just off the line. looking to upgrade to 3.7's and a perhaps a new power amp.