Curious...I just did the Treo to Quatro painted upgrade...

ctsooner

How many of you guys are planning on an upgrade in the near future?  I had a conversation with a close friend the other day about upgrading.  Vandersteen owners don't upgrade as much as other speaker owners. You can tell on Audiomart, Audiogon and other sell sites.  When I sold my Treo's, I got a very fair price for them as they are in demand, but rarely sold.  You may be able to find a pair, but rarely more than one.

I just did a search of the whole net world wide and found zero Treo, Treo CT or Quatro CT for resale.  I get random emails from folks asking me about used Vandy's for some reason.  I am so thrilled to have done the upgrade to the  Quatro's and honestly my wife LOVES the look of them in Havana Black.  She liked the wood, but LOVES the painted ones. Said that they just look more expensive etc...  funny thing is that I have worked with wood all my life and love all the various veneers you can get, but I too am glad I got the painted ones.  Well worth the cost for me.

I would love a pair of 5's eventually, but not sure I'll ever get there cost wise.  I know many of you guys are able to afford the upgrades and wanted to know if you are going to go for it. 

mgsboedmisodpc2

Re: Curious...I just did the Treo to Quatro painted upgrade...
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2017, 04:10 pm »
Vandersteen Model 5 eBay item number:322646923886

VANDERSTEEN QUATRO eBay item number:222587432712

ctsooner

Re: Curious...I just did the Treo to Quatro painted upgrade...
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2017, 12:48 am »
Personally I won't buy used speakers unless I know the person and it's the latest version.  The one thing that's great about Vandersteen is that he will offer the upgrade path in the future if it makes financial sense for the speaker.  That's just me though.  Same goes with transports, turntables and anything with a spinning hard drive.  To many reasons for them not being shipped and packed properly etc...  Been burned a couple of times and I have some friends have have had the same thing.  No true recourse even though some folks seem to think they do.