McIntosh MA6100 -- collector's item straight from the McIntosh factory!

bfs21

$975, plus PP, shipping.

Yep -- this will be shipped to you straight from the McIntosh factory itself. As many of you know, they will work on older models and then bring them up to spec. The official McIntosh technician replaced lamps, electrolytic capacitors throughout the unit, checked both driver boards, rebuilt both heatsinks, cleaned the jacks, switches and controls, and calibrated and test all functions.

This collector's unit has only had two owners and has received light use throughout its lifetime. The original owner was a sound engineer for Sony/Columbia. He sold it to me, and I have only used it sparingly.

I'd rate the unit as a 9, as after being reconditioned it couldn't be in better condition for its age. The photos are from before it went to the factory.

The case is not a 9. There is  some lifting of the veneer and a chip at the back of the case. Fortunately the front looks great. See photos.

The unit can be sent to you directly right away from the McIntosh factory. The case will come separately in a different box.

« Last Edit: 6 May 2019, 05:33 pm by bfs21 »

bfs21

Re: McIntosh MA6100 -- straight from the factory!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2019, 03:30 am »
Bump. Restoration completed and it's ready for shipping. 

bfs21

Bump with a price drop.

bfs21

Weekend bump

bfs21

Bump. Also updated original description to include work done by the factory technician.

bfs21

Bump with final price drop!

BluesDaddy

Any idea of what the shipping costs will be?

ErikMi

Gorgeous, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had a place for it. GLWS!

bfs21

Memorial Day Weekend bump.

My nephew (obsessed with retro) is angling for this thing bigtime people. Move while you can! 

bfs21

Weekend bump.

bfs21

Bumping again.

McIntosh has a long tradition of receiving old units and returning them to original specification.

This is your chance to get a classic unit cared for directly by a McIntosh technician AT the McIntosh factory. A rare opportunity for the collector.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2019, 11:35 pm by bfs21 »

bfs21

bfs21

Final bump before the nephew gets it...