Venue

camperal

Venue
« on: 13 May 2022, 11:56 am »
Hi, I am looking for advice.
I own/operate an outdoor wedding/event venue. “Outdoor” comes with a lot of unique characteristics, one being that DJs are making my neighbors mad. I like our business, and currently we are not in trouble (yet). Each season we have to tweak how we handle each new DJ.
Currently we have a decimeter displayed and ask that the DJs play below 95dB, that their speakers only face away from the neighbors, no subs, and no amplified music after 11:00PM. All VERY reasonable. HOWEVER, on a still night you can still hear our music a mile away.
Our venue is a converted greenhouse - so walls are thin (polycarbonate), clients really like the look and the reason we are successful. I can not just rebuild a wall with wood or commercial inspector will require a sprinkler system and that would kill our business.
My goal is to respect DJs and their service, to not be a jerk, and to have happy neighbors.
Any ideas on how to handle this sound?
A thought, is there something portable I can put behind the speakers? A sound bouncer, or killer of some kind?
Thank you for any help.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Venue
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2022, 12:48 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
I will move this topic to the Acoustics Circle.