Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea Announce Joint Tour

jhm731

First duo dates since 1978

By JazzTimes

Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea will tour together for the first time since 1978. The pianists will perform a number of dates in the United States and Canada beginning March 14 in Seattle, before heading to Europe in July for a handful of shows. They will also play in Asia, Australia and New Zealand.

The pair’s 1978 shows resulted in two album releases, An Evening with Herbie Hancock & Chick Corea: In Concert in 1978 and CoreaHancock the following year.

North American Tour Dates
 3/14 - Paramount Theatre - Seattle, WA
 3/15 - Chan Shun Concert Hall - Vancouver, BC
 3/17 - Boettcher Concert Hall - Denver, CO
 3/19 - Zellerbach Hall/ University of California - Berkeley, CA
 3/20 - Copley Symphony Hall - San Diego, CA
 3/21 - Walt Disney Concert Hall - Los Angeles, CA
 3/22 - Granada Theater - Santa Barbara, CA
 4/9 - Carnegie Hall - New York, NY
 4/10 - Kennedy Center Concert Hall - Washington, DC
 4/11 - Academy Of Music - Philadelphia, PA
 4/12 - Symphony Hall - Boston, MA
 4/14 - Massey Hall - Toronto, ON
 4/16 - Hill Auditorium - Ann Arbor, MI
 4/17 - Symphony Center - Chicago, IL
 4/18 - The Palladium - Carmel, IN

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea Announce Joint Tour
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2015, 07:56 pm »
A big "Thanks"  jhm for the 'heads up'. Gonna have to go looking for tickets for that !   :thumb:

CactusBob

• < Desert Rat >
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2015, 12:37 am »
I'm surprised their not playing here. I would have went for sure, bummer!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2015, 01:24 am »
I'd say "pop on up CB, we'll spin some vinyl & go to the show" , however..... I am obviously more out of touch with current world (and local) pricing than I'd have thought. The Paramount is a very nice music hall, been there a few times, that said, front half of the theater is already sold out. Tickets in the Mezzanine, off center, $289 to $250. Back of Mezz, $189. Oh well, come March 4th I'll fire up the system, put on their Carnegie Hall concert LPs, and imagine what it would be like. Or maybe PBS will run a video of one of their concerts.  :(

CactusBob

• < Desert Rat >
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2015, 02:21 am »
I'd say "pop on up CB, we'll spin some vinyl & go to the show" , however..... I am obviously more out of touch with current world (and local) pricing than I'd have thought. The Paramount is a very nice music hall, been there a few times, that said, front half of the theater is already sold out. Tickets in the Mezzanine, off center, $289 to $250. Back of Mezz, $189. Oh well, come March 4th I'll fire up the system, put on their Carnegie Hall concert LPs, and imagine what it would be like. Or maybe PBS will run a video of one of their concerts.  :(

Oh man, that was a great idea AD thanks. That would have made for a great trip for me and would have entertained it had it not been for the prices! I would love to have hooked up with you to see that show or maybe an Abercrombie "Timeless" reunion with Jack & Jan.  Maybe some day. We can only dream of that one.  :thumb:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2015, 02:47 am »
They are in Denver soon, thanks for the notice!  :thumb:

dB Cooper

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2015, 02:56 am »
Tickets in the Mezzanine, off center, $289 to $250. Back of Mezz, $189.

Hey...cheap date!!!

My first reaction was, 1978 can't be correct. I saw them at Merriwether Post Pavilion in Columbia MD with my brother-in-law, who I didn't even think I even knew in 1978. Their duo acoustic album was out already, because I remember going to the show hoping to see something like that, but they played separate sets and only joined on a couple numbers together. Damn, where did the time go.

It's really sad that artists have been driven to charge exorbitant prices due to theft being such a common method of acquiring their product. For a forehead-slapper, how's this for a how-times-have-changed moment (note the price on the ticket) :