Introduction / Relatively M3 owner

Ripwny

Introduction / Relatively M3 owner
« on: 21 Jan 2022, 12:28 am »
Apparently an introduction is needed, lol. I'm just a dude who loves music, and my Sapphire M3s. My prior speakers were Tekton Impact Monitors. A few things I'll note:

The bass ( in every facet ) is better on the M3s ( No sub ) than my Tektons with dual subwoofers that were tinkered and toyed with in every possible manner. And it's not even close.

I am shuffling gear at the moment, but started with a Yggdrasil DAC and Ragnarok2 (mostly digital listening, I do have vinyl but....)

Recently tried a Hegel Rost as kind of an experiment really, as I am considering the h390 or h590. If you are wondering, the Rag2, even with just a Modi Multibit DAC is better than the Rost with these speakers (IMO).

So I would GREATLY appreciate anyone who's ran their M3s with Hegel gear, especially the 190, 390, 590, I would love to hear your thoughts. Good or bad.

Also I plan on getting some Denafrips stuff, so any info on those would be appreciated too.

And lastly, it's all about enjoying the music for me :)

-Jason

franSSS

Re: Introduction / Relatively M3 owner
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2022, 02:15 pm »
Welcome Jason :-) I am sure you will enjoy the feedback here.

Give us a bit more feedback on your M3's Experience if you have time?  You did mention the base is better in every regard. Any other information and comparison?

Mr. Big

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2022, 03:06 pm »
Denafrips males superb gear. Their amps are killer and their power supplies even on their DAC's are as big as those used in some integrated amps and amps. There 180-watt amp would be killer with the M3's. Even their Apollo amp would be even better. Their best DAC the terminator is well-reviewed and one thing they all say is their gear is musical sounding as natural as tubes without the tube drawbacks. Their link with USA pricing.

https://www.vinshineaudio.com/shop?currency=USD

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2022, 05:29 pm »
Welcome!

Ripwny

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2022, 11:35 pm »
Yes I've already determined the denafrips gear I'm intending to get. Pontus 2, Hades and Thallo.

As far as more info on my feelings of the m3....I don't really love using the cliche lingo or fancy words, but I'll say this.

I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I love the sound from top to bottom. I actually was very content with my Tekton setup, except for I always felt like something was missing in the low frequencies.

Now with the M3s, the low frequencies was so improved it was hard to even focus on the mid or high frequencies because I was just so pleased to finally get the lows right in my room.

But, the mids and highs are also improved. The open baffle "sound" was immediately different. Sound stage and imaging was a bit improved from my previous setup but the sense of space and sheer scale increased dramatically.

In short, I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to hear a few different sets of gear. Not sure if a hegel 390 / 590 or the denafrips stack will improve upon the Yggdrasil / Rag2 but I'm excited to find out.

Mr. Big

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2022, 12:20 am »
The Denafrips will crush what you were using.

Ripwny

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2022, 12:30 am »
I dont know if it will be that drastic but hope you're right! Haha

doggie

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2022, 12:48 pm »
Yes I've already determined the denafrips gear I'm intending to get. Pontus 2, Hades and Thallo.

As far as more info on my feelings of the m3....I don't really love using the cliche lingo or fancy words, but I'll say this.

I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I love the sound from top to bottom. I actually was very content with my Tekton setup, except for I always felt like something was missing in the low frequencies.

Now with the M3s, the low frequencies was so improved it was hard to even focus on the mid or high frequencies because I was just so pleased to finally get the lows right in my room.

But, the mids and highs are also improved. The open baffle "sound" was immediately different. Sound stage and imaging was a bit improved from my previous setup but the sense of space and sheer scale increased dramatically.

In short, I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to hear a few different sets of gear. Not sure if a hegel 390 / 590 or the denafrips stack will improve upon the Yggdrasil / Rag2 but I'm excited to find out.

I would only consider those Hegel integrated amplifiers if you can completely bypass the internal DAC. It seems to be their weak link. Also Hegel has been toying with buyers over "Roon Ready - Coming Soon" for a couple of years and AFAIK has never come through.

I would get a good stand-alone DAC and consider an integrated from LTA. I am using a Lampizator Baltic 3 and the LTA Integrated with my X5's. Spatials are often demoed at shows with Lampizator and LTA so that is a good indication.

Ripwny

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jan 2022, 03:36 pm »
Honestly I was considering the Hegel 390 / 590 because the "gear game" can sometimes be draining. Even though it's part of the fun sometimes, I don't need to waste as much time as I do now rummaging forums and youtube forever lol.

But my current plan is to get my Denafrips setup complete, and then invest in upgrading my phono preamp, cartridge, and getting a tube Integrated amp.