2011 NFL is Here!

Berto

Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #40 on: 14 Sep 2011, 02:47 am »
  How about those Jets ? down 17 with not much time in a must win atmosphere for NY'ers on Sept 11th. We will NEVER forget.
   They did it, despite the pressure of winning that day. Kudo's to them.

charles
SMA

Ok so I'm really a Giants fan and i'm embarrassed by that pathetic display of ineptitude. On other hand it was awesome seeing Jets against all odds coming out on top. They flashed the stat Cowboys up 14pts in 4th quarter are 242-0...not anymore :lol:

MarkM

« Reply #41 on: 17 Sep 2011, 07:53 pm »

The Saints have Chicago this weekend. Should be another fun one to watch.  :thumb:

Have fun.

Jerry

Should be a good one indeed!!  Olin Kreutz(now starting center for Saints) was a Bear for 13 years, adds some drama for the TV talking heads hype.  Kreutz knows the Bears defensive calls and audibles. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #42 on: 19 Sep 2011, 02:44 am »
Wow, the Pokes get down 0-14 right away, Romo bruises a rib and leaves the game.  But, he comes back in and the Pokes win in OT.  Wow.  Now, if the Pokes can just win thier division, which they should do if Tony Romo doesn't drop the ball, no pun intended, and Washington or Philadelphia stumble*, I guess he's a keeper.  Tho it's been a ridiculously long time coming.

Jumpin' Jerry Jones was a feature on 60 Minutes tonite.  Gotta admit that I think I know more about what makes him tick for having watched it and have more respect for him than before.

*who leads Atlanta by 10 points rite now!

Dem Ravens got whupped and that makes them 1-1 with Pittsburg.  Goody.

Atlanta prevails.  New Orleans rules.  How about Buffalo!
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2011, 09:41 am by jimdgoulding »

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #43 on: 19 Sep 2011, 04:34 am »
Man, it didn't take Vick long to get hurt! :lol:  If you're gonna have him as your starter you'd better have a good backup.  Seems like Vick misses at least six games every season because of injuries.

rodge827

« Reply #44 on: 19 Sep 2011, 01:18 pm »
OUCH! :oops:

Hat's off to the Falcons for finishing strong and takin' it to my Iggles. Matt and the boys came up big when it was needed.

BTW - Dunta Robinson should be banned! :evil:

Bleeding Green,

Chris
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2011, 04:40 pm by rodge827 »

cujobob

« Reply #45 on: 19 Sep 2011, 02:06 pm »
Seems like no real superpower team this season...Green Bay, New England and Philly look beatable a lot of times. The Saints came back strong this week but have already lost. My Lions are looking great but they still have some big holes (no run game to speak of, questionable run defense, so-so secondary, spotty kick coverage).

Whats up with Buffalo?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #46 on: 19 Sep 2011, 03:43 pm »
I dunno, Cujo.  Detroit seems to have some mojo ingrediant.  Maybe.

Buffalo can't have a great defense.  That, they're gonna need at some point.

On one of the NFL talks shows this past weekend, they showed photos and highlights of the defense the Jets were in and that Brady was having to see on multiple downs in the playoffs last year.  They were complex and varied wildly.  Brady couldn't make sense of a lot of them.  That's how they beat him.  Gotta admire the Jets coaching for that one.  It'll be interesting to see them play this year when it matters the most.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2011, 06:56 pm by jimdgoulding »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #47 on: 20 Sep 2011, 04:19 am »
Great weekend!

I'm feeling pretty good about Sproles and Ingram.  :thumb:

As for Chicago, Cutler's tantrum was freakin' GREAT.  Each of them.:lol:   Pouting downfield is not the best way to endear one's self to the offensive line. This should be fun to watch.

Does Kansas City really suck this bad? Is Detroit really this good? (I sincerely hope they are. Maybe we're finally in for a Thanksgiving game that isn't totally predicatable.)

How about Jason Peters of the Eagles? Holy Crap, that guy's awesome!  :thumb:

Still curious about Baltimore and Pittsburgh. :scratch:

Go Saints,

Jerry

jimdgoulding

« Reply #48 on: 20 Sep 2011, 04:31 am »
Ingram and Sproles.  Nice catch by the Saints.  I'm takin them to win their Div this year. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #49 on: 25 Sep 2011, 04:25 pm »
The Texans got a problem today, a good and hot New Orleans in their house, and Foster is out.  I think New Orleans is playing very good.  Guess we'll get a better idea about Buffalo today.  I think the Cowboys may have just gotten lucky last week.  I just can't see Romo, well, based on what I've seen of him over his career, standing in there for the season.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #50 on: 25 Sep 2011, 04:50 pm »
I think this is a big game for the Saints.

The Texans look great on paper and, thus far, have looked great on the field. This is a huge game for them; they are at home, and they want to prove their mettle to the world.

Go Saints,

Jerry

jimdgoulding

« Reply #51 on: 25 Sep 2011, 05:17 pm »
Well, Jerry, you may right, but, if that opening drive by the Texans is any indication, your team is in trouble.  I mean how much more perfect could it have been?  Oh, well, you've got the ball now.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #52 on: 25 Sep 2011, 05:23 pm »
Yep, this may be a tough game for the Saints.

Not televised here in So Cal. :duh:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #53 on: 25 Sep 2011, 08:08 pm »
Well, allow me to bring you up to date.  NO leads with 2 minutes and the fans are rabid.   You get a chance to see this replayed, 900+ yards of offense and down to the wire.  Boy, that Brees has heart!  I mean BIG time.  Houston got into the red zone five times and failed to score a TD.  What's this?  Buffalo and New England are tied in the fourth 24 to 24!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #54 on: 25 Sep 2011, 08:19 pm »
Who Dat?  :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #55 on: 25 Sep 2011, 08:32 pm »
Wow, the Bills and Lions both go to 3-0. It's really shaping up to be a fun season (with the exception of us Colts fans) :thumb:

Wayner

« Reply #56 on: 25 Sep 2011, 08:52 pm »
Vikings suck, Vikings suck. Stupid players, stupid coaching staff, stupid penalties from stupid, undisciplined players. 4th and a yard and you don't give the ball to Peterson? 3rd and a couple of yards to go and you try a home run (McNabb can't throw 20 feet accurately).

0-16......go vikings, and take the twins with you.

Wayner  8)

rodge827

« Reply #57 on: 25 Sep 2011, 09:02 pm »
Wow, the Bills and Lions both go to 3-0. It's really shaping up to be a fun season (with the exception of us Colts fans) :thumb:

Us Iggle fans too :roll:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #58 on: 25 Sep 2011, 09:14 pm »
Bloody good for the Giants today.  I luv the outcome.  Nice work, fellas.  Buffalo, too, wow  :thumb:.  Not a good year for Minn, looks like.  Or, Indy.  Should be a good one for Detroit, tho  :thumb:.  Think they're my bet for the playoffs, except for Green Bay, of course.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2011, 10:43 pm by jimdgoulding »

Freo-1

« Reply #59 on: 25 Sep 2011, 09:14 pm »
As a LONG suffering Lions supporter, it was nice for them to finally win one in Minnesota.   8)