McDonalds

ctviggen

Re: McDonalds
« Reply #40 on: 20 Dec 2016, 04:07 pm »
There are no bad foods, only bad diets. Eat too much of anything and you have a bad diet. (Too much of one thing means you're either not eating other things you should eat or you're over eating)

One of my favorite meals is 2 cheeseburgers, fries and a coke at McDonalds. I have that maybe 3 or 4 times a year. That's pretty much the only fast food I eat, except for when I am on a road trip or something like that.
Can't disagree with this. I believe the best way to deal with nutrition is to eat a wide variety of foods, lots of fruit, veggies, and lean meats, drink water. Eat food - If it has a list of ingredients on the side, to me it's probably not food. Bananas, Yogurt, Pork loin...stuff like that don't have a list of ingredients. Peanut butter = Peanuts. You get the idea. Don't get caught up in special diets, or drinking green tea because it's better for you...that stuff really shouldn't matter if you eat food.

Just my 2 cents

I don't eat fruits, except berries in season.  Fruits make my blood sugar go through the roof and contain fructose, which is uniquely fattening and contributes to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. 

I eat some vegetables, but there are NO randomized controlled trials I know of indicating benefits for vegetables.  For instance, in the Women's Health Initiative, dietary intervention trial, an actual randomized controlled trial (RCT) with 49,000 women, the group under test ate more fruits and vegetables, less overall fat, less saturated fat, less EVIL red meat, less calories overall.  At the end of 8 years and 400+ MILLION dollars, the result was a failure.  There were no statistically significant differences between the two groups, the group under test and the control group. NONE.  If all of those things -- the very things we're told to eat -- don't help in the BEST and most expensive RCT ever performed, why would anyone think they would?

I do not EVER eat lean meats.  I eat the fattiest meat I can find.  If the meat isn't fatty enough, I add butter from grass fed cows to it or I add guacamole or home-made mayo.  I eat goose, duck, beef, pork, chicken, fatty fish.  I boil down the fat from goose, duck, beef, and pork and keep it as fat for cooking. I eat the offal and particularly liver of the animal. 

I try to eat as much fat per day, particularly animal fat, as I can.   I aim for meats and meat products that are at least 80% fat by calories. 

Why do I do this? Because I've lost 55 pounds doing it and feel great. I have no 3pm sleepies, clear skin, unbelievable energy (never fatigued even while working out), no allergies (used to take many allergy pills, now none), no GERD, no asthma -- it's completely gone, less tinnitus, you name it. 

Furthermore, when I was on a low fat diet, I ate "real food" like brown rice and beans, oats, etc.  Back then I ate pasta, which I guess has an ingredients list.  All of that caused horrible mood swings, terrible depression, GERD, allergies, etc.  Some of us are not genetically gifted to handle high carb intakes, and I'm one of those.  You may not be. 

Charles Calkins

« Reply #41 on: 20 Dec 2016, 04:22 pm »
I think Charlie is pretty well off, having eaten there only once in the last 85 years.  :wink:

Glad you enjoyed the Big Mac and fries, Charlie. Next time, don't forget the chocolate shake.  :thumb:

Have fun,

Jerry
   Jerry:

A chocolate shake is another thing I never had or eaten.
        During the hot summer on my way home I'll sometimes stop at Jack in the Box
        and get a Strawberry shake. Tastes pretty good. I think they use real ice cream.

Cheers
                                                     Charlie

Wayner

« Reply #42 on: 20 Dec 2016, 04:34 pm »
I don't eat fruits, except berries in season.  Fruits make my blood sugar go through the roof and contain fructose, which is uniquely fattening and contributes to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. 

I eat some vegetables, but there are NO randomized controlled trials I know of indicating benefits for vegetables.  For instance, in the Women's Health Initiative, dietary intervention trial, an actual randomized controlled trial (RCT) with 49,000 women, the group under test ate more fruits and vegetables, less overall fat, less saturated fat, less EVIL red meat, less calories overall.  At the end of 8 years and 400+ MILLION dollars, the result was a failure.  There were no statistically significant differences between the two groups, the group under test and the control group. NONE.  If all of those things -- the very things we're told to eat -- don't help in the BEST and most expensive RCT ever performed, why would anyone think they would?

I do not EVER eat lean meats.  I eat the fattiest meat I can find.  If the meat isn't fatty enough, I add butter from grass fed cows to it or I add guacamole or home-made mayo.  I eat goose, duck, beef, pork, chicken, fatty fish.  I boil down the fat from goose, duck, beef, and pork and keep it as fat for cooking. I eat the offal and particularly liver of the animal. 

I try to eat as much fat per day, particularly animal fat, as I can.   I aim for meats and meat products that are at least 80% fat by calories. 

Why do I do this? Because I've lost 55 pounds doing it and feel great. I have no 3pm sleepies, clear skin, unbelievable energy (never fatigued even while working out), no allergies (used to take many allergy pills, now none), no GERD, no asthma -- it's completely gone, less tinnitus, you name it. 

Furthermore, when I was on a low fat diet, I ate "real food" like brown rice and beans, oats, etc.  Back then I ate pasta, which I guess has an ingredients list.  All of that caused horrible mood swings, terrible depression, GERD, allergies, etc.  Some of us are not genetically gifted to handle high carb intakes, and I'm one of those.  You may not be.

Very good!

The human body is pretty awesome. You can literally put junk into it and it will take the "building blocks" that it needs and discard the rest. It uses these building block to reassemble into various compounds the body needs to rebuild cells and maintain the system.

People that consume 5,000+ calories a day can have problems. Unless you live in the arctic, work outside all day from sun up to sun down, you probably don't need much more then 2,500 calories per day. Varying the diet ensures that the body gets all the building blocks that it needs. I'm pretty much with ctviggen in this regard.

'ner

twitch54

« Reply #43 on: 20 Dec 2016, 07:55 pm »
Shame on you boys, for those of us in 'the know' realize there is but one top notch fast food joint ........'Chick-Fil-A' ......everything else is second place !

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #44 on: 20 Dec 2016, 08:30 pm »
Shame on you boys, for those of us in 'the know' realize there is but one top notch fast food joint ........'Chick-Fil-A' ......everything else is second place !

Meh.  Booooooooring!! :thumbdown:

Though it is my wife's favorite....

Wind Chaser

« Reply #45 on: 20 Dec 2016, 08:37 pm »

I hope the Warden didn't hear that.  :lol:

twitch54

« Reply #46 on: 20 Dec 2016, 09:00 pm »

Though it is my wife's favorite....

Well...........at least your wife has good taste ....... in food that is !!

Wayner

« Reply #47 on: 20 Dec 2016, 09:09 pm »
Ha!

OzarkTom

« Reply #48 on: 20 Dec 2016, 10:30 pm »
Yum!

What Taco Bell And McDonald's Meals Look Like After 2 Years Of Just Sitting There

http://www.businessinsider.com/fast-food-doesnt-rot-after-2-years-2015-1

Wind Chaser

« Reply #49 on: 20 Dec 2016, 10:32 pm »
Yum!

What Taco Bell And McDonald's Meals Look Like After 2 Years Of Just Sitting There

http://www.businessinsider.com/fast-food-doesnt-rot-after-2-years-2015-1

Ah, the secret to immortality. You are what you eat.