New guy here

RED-DOG

New guy here
« on: 4 Mar 2024, 05:17 pm »
Ok....I'm here because I tried to introduce myself over at the "GR Research" circle and could not figure out what one of the verification questions was?? I've attached a snip-it of the issue and would like to know from anyone that could help me. The question is "What is the round thing at the very top of this page (6 letters that end with "D"). I can tell you for a fact that there is NO round thing at the top right of this page! Absolutely not! There is a small picture of what looks to be a compact disk and several speakers jumbled together........can someone help me with this? This seems to be a very strange way to verify ones identity.

Looking for help.......

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New guy here
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2024, 09:14 pm »
Ok....I'm here because I tried to introduce myself over at the "GR Research" circle and could not figure out what one of the verification questions was?? I've attached a snip-it of the issue and would like to know from anyone that could help me. The question is "What is the round thing at the very top of this page (6 letters that end with "D"). I can tell you for a fact that there is NO round thing at the top right of this page! Absolutely not! There is a small picture of what looks to be a compact disk and several speakers jumbled together........can someone help me with this? This seems to be a very strange way to verify ones identity.

Looking for help.......

We can't see the screen you are referring to.
« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2024, 01:03 am by FullRangeMan »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: New guy here
« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2024, 04:11 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Red-Dog   :thumb:  At the top right of the page is a picture as you note, in that picture is a CD, a couple of speakers, and a record, as in LP. Please note the sign-up process is not intended to frustrate, simply keep out the 'bots' for the benefit of all.