BMR Monitors

Saturn94

Re: BMR Monitors
« Reply #20 on: 21 Apr 2019, 09:59 pm »
I responded to the above mentioned thread in order to address the "pricing issues" these posters alluded to.

- Jim

Thank you for responding.  It certainly put things in perspective. 😀

charmerci

« Reply #21 on: 21 Apr 2019, 11:19 pm »
I tried a couple of times to basically explain that there are many costs involved in running a business and that Dennis lost money on his Philharmonic Audio. You'd think that would be sufficient for any half-intelligent people but they had to keep going on about "value." I could have been far more detailed about how businesses are run but I was assuming that rationality and logic would be in play there... but I guess I was wrong. It was good for Jim to add his thoughts there - like he doesn't have better things to do though.

Folsom

« Reply #22 on: 22 Apr 2019, 12:52 am »
I recommend staying clear of AVS forum.

Even with price increase the speakers are relatively inexpensive. Just because someone’s wallet doesn’t stretch, doesn’t make a product expensive.

RonN5

« Reply #23 on: 22 Apr 2019, 01:06 am »
Good News... AVS has stepped in and shut down the ridiculous arguing, deleted posts and issued warnings.

R Swerdlow

« Reply #24 on: 22 Apr 2019, 04:20 am »
Good News... AVS has stepped in and shut down the ridiculous arguing, deleted posts and issued warnings.
It's kind of late, but at least AVS finally acted.

Some people like AVS because they believe so many members and readers create credence.  In my opinion, their fatal flaw is the poor signal-to-noise ratio those kinds of numbers seem to generate.  Of course, if you look at it another way, their noise-to-signal ratio is impressive  :tempted:.

charmerci

« Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2019, 04:32 am »
It's kind of late, but at least AVS finally acted.

Some people like AVS because they believe so many members and readers create credence.  In my opinion, their fatal flaw is the poor signal-to-noise ratio those kinds of numbers seem to generate.  Of course, if you look at it another way, their noise-to-signal ratio is impressive  :tempted: .
Unfortunately, they didn't delete the ladiy and mariogonzalezz posts. They just signed up and pretty much made Dennis thread go downhill fast. (I too, unfortunately got caught up with them and self deleted a post that I regret.)It was (and may continue as) a good thread with a bunch of good people on it.  :popcorn:

Folsom

« Reply #26 on: 22 Apr 2019, 05:21 am »
It’s a toxic place, just move on.

Phil A

« Reply #27 on: 22 Apr 2019, 02:34 pm »
It’s a toxic place, just move on.

For sure.  I joined over 17 years ago and basically with rare exception to the only place I participate in is Area Home Theater Meets.  Just not worth the trouble most other places on the site.  It's good for info on Blu-Rays, discs or players.

cementhead

« Reply #28 on: 22 Apr 2019, 09:36 pm »
I recently bought a pair of the philharmonitors, had them for a few months and had to sell off some inventory and let them go. A few impressions I had was that right out of the box, they were not impressive,very laid back and no bass. It took quite a few hours for them to open up, and yes, power helps. I was enjoying the heck out of them and was planning on keeping them, but a seller came along and off they went. I had a pair of Focal 1008 BE, Tekton Impact Monitors and Odyssey Kismet reference monitors. I decided the Odysseys' were staying and out of the others, the Phils would win. Maybe someday I will get another pair.   8)

lewdogg

« Reply #29 on: 30 Apr 2019, 04:06 pm »
Been talking to Jim about a pair of BMRs, but in my research read about Dennis' health and lack of BMRs. Someone mentioned a GFM campaign to get him a pair from Jim. As some have already mentioned, I'm sure he already has plenty of high quality speakers, but since his BMR design has impacted the community so much, I thought he deserved a pair for himself. And maybe take care of some medical expenses at the same time.

https://www.gofundme.com/med-expensesfirst-salk-phil-bmr-for-dennis-murphy

rlee8394

« Reply #30 on: 1 May 2019, 02:36 am »
What a great idea. Just donated. Hope more folks make a donation.

-Ron

lewdogg

« Reply #31 on: 1 May 2019, 02:53 am »
What a great idea. Just donated. Hope more folks make a donation.

-Ron

Awesome, thanks Ron! Spread the word to other Phil/Salk enthusiasts!