AQ PT-6 arm, HW-19 armboard , VTAF & Expressimo Counterweight - $395ppd - SOLD

TheChairGuy

SOLD

My Audioquest PT-6 is for sale along with my VPI HW-19 MK. III

The arm is attached to an armboard expressly made for the VPI HW-19 Mk. III.  It is 'loaded to the nines' and features Pete Riggle's trick VTAF system (VTA-on-the-fly) and an Expressimo Heavyweight counterweight.  The arm was made by JELCO for Audioquest.

Pete Riggle's website: www.vtaf.com

There is no need to ever re-wire this baby for additional sonic betterment...it already comes equipped with capable/low capacitance LC-OFC wiring within  :thumb:

As some of you might know, VTAF is really a Rega only set-up, so Pete Riggle drilled this out for the AQ/Linn mount arm himself.

I have owned a fully-modded Rega RB-250 arm (Expressimo counterweight and re-wired with Incognito) and this arm is as good as it.  They are both great 'budget' standouts in the field.

JELCO SA-250ST's sell for $290 new on Audiogon, the armboard drilled out from VPI is either $100-150, the VTAF is $179.00 from Pete Riggle (it has the $30 additional teflon pad) and the Expressimo counterweight was about $79 when new.  All told, you're looking at a set-up that would cost you approximately $700 to fit to your VPI.

The arm has fluid damping...making it more versatile than any Rega as it will synch a bit better with higher compliance cartridges that require a bit of mechanical damping (Grado owners rejoice! :D)

If you are not familiar with these arms, they do not come with external leads.  You need a Linn-type lead with 5pin connectors at the arm and the rca's (or XLR's if your premap takes balanced).  I have a 1.25 meter lead for it from Revelation Audio Labs...but, I paid $799 for it.  I will be putting that up for sale soon, too

You can buy Cardas or Audioquest -based or even the leads made by JELCO themselves for <US$150 if you need one.  I'd have to sell my RAL lead for quite a bit more than this.  But, it's available and is a great, cryo'ed silver cable for vinyl'istas.

See my other ad for VPI HW-19 MK. III (sans tonearm, with Rega mount): http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=65353.msg599325;topicseen#new

Regards, John
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2009, 04:26 pm by TheChairGuy »

TheChairGuy

Pic #1 / Attached to the table...the cartridge is NOT included in the sale (it took my 2 years to find the Astrion stylus for the ADC pictured, and it'll probably be buried with me :icon_lol:)

It's quite nice...Pete's done a nice job with the brass accenting here  :thumb:

TheChairGuy

Another pic of the AQ arm on the VPI HW-19 Mk. III  :thumb:

TheChairGuy

See my other ad for matching VPI HW-19 Mk. III table. 

Makes a very versatile combo as you'd have two arms to switch out for different reasons and seasons (this is what I did)

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=65353.msg601678#msg601678

By the way, I'm not adverse at all to good trades (for the AQ arm and or both the HW-19 table, too).  I'm not selling for the $$$, rather just to save some space with another table arriving shortly here.  But, if you have an interesting set of speakers, DAC or whatever else...lemme' know, you never know the outcome  :roll:

Regards, John

TheChairGuy

As mentioned, I'm selling this for space and redundancy 1st, and 2nd monetary. I'm not really hard up for funds.

Which means, I'm open to trades (in whole or part)...especially if you are a newbie or returning vinylphool and want to sink you teeth into what is one of the largest makers of OEM tonearms (JELCO made these tonearms in Japan for Audioquest) in the world today and a conspicuous value in an overpriced sea of tonearms

Also, I love reeling newbies in to vinyl :wink:

Try me, you might be surprised aa - maybe you have a hi-quality cassette deck sitting idle?  How about a pair of speaks? Or some combination of gear.

See my other ad for VPI HW-19 MK. III (sans tonearm, with Rega mount): http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=65353.msg599325;topicseen#new

Together, you'd have a very flexible, hi-quality vinyl playback source going for yourself  :thumb:

John   
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2009, 02:26 am by TheChairGuy »

JakeLA

i sent you a PM about a possible trade (+ some money from my end, I assume); let me know if you're interested. 

TheChairGuy

SOLD - March 12, 2009