Atma-Sphere MP-1 vs NAT Symmetrical

beaglebump

Atma-Sphere MP-1 vs NAT Symmetrical
« on: 3 Jun 2016, 07:57 pm »
Recently acquired a pr of Merrill's Veritas monoblocks and thoroughly enjoying the sonic improvements they have brought.  However, don't seem to have great synergy with my existing Simaudio Moon P-5 preamp - a bit too solid state sounding, IMHO.  Was strongly considering either the Atma-Sphere MP-1 MK3.3 or NAT Symmetrical as a tube compliment to the Veritas, but have no listening experience with either pre.  Any thoughts/experiences?   

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Atma-Sphere MP-1 vs NAT Symmetrical
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2016, 12:29 am »
Recently acquired a pr of Merrill's Veritas monoblocks and thoroughly enjoying the sonic improvements they have brought.  However, don't seem to have great synergy with my existing Simaudio Moon P-5 preamp - a bit too solid state sounding, IMHO.  Was strongly considering either the Atma-Sphere MP-1 MK3.3 or NAT Symmetrical as a tube compliment to the Veritas, but have no listening experience with either pre.  Any thoughts/experiences?

MP-1 is a great preamp that will work well with the amps (I have been using the MP-1 with NC 400's for the last 3+ years and with NC 1200 amps for a bit now).

That said, I am selling my MP-1 as I have gone with a preamp/DAC combo solution.

PM me if interested.

George

beaglebump

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2016, 05:05 am »
Thank you, George.  PM'd you 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2016, 11:43 am »
Thank you, George.  PM'd you

Replied.

George