Group Buy: GK-1 Upgrade (AudioCap 40uF & BC560)

RonR

Re: Ginger writes an essay.
« Reply #40 on: 23 Oct 2008, 05:54 pm »
Sounds like this is another project for RonR?  :thumb: 

Hi Andy,

Much as I'd like to do more cap-swapping, I'm afraid I have other fish to fry at the moment :wink:.

Cheers,

Ron.

kyrill

Re: Group Buy: GK-1 Upgrade (AudioCap 40uF & BC560)
« Reply #41 on: 30 Oct 2008, 10:28 am »
Hi West any news on the sending of the caps :)

Kyrill

whubbard

« Reply #42 on: 30 Oct 2008, 01:44 pm »
Hi all,
I have the caps all packed up and ready to be sent, but I'm having a wild time trying to measure hfe (beta). The meter was acting up, but now its clear that its just a low battery issue. The hope is that I can get a new battery and have the transistors meaured all in time to have them shipped monday...but to be realistic with you all it will probably be next weekend.

Sorry it has taken so long, but you will all have your caps in short order.

-West

AKSA

« Reply #43 on: 30 Oct 2008, 09:01 pm »
West,

You've done a marvellous job, and I'm sure I speak for all when I say we are most grateful.

You've uncovered a major problem with DVMs.  They will not reliably measure beta with a flat battery, the reading is WAY off.

Some have a little flag saying 'LO BATTERY' on the display.  If this is displayed, then ALL readings should be ignored until the battery is changed out.

I've been caught on this one.....  you can tell!

Cheers,

Hugh

whubbard

« Reply #44 on: 5 Dec 2008, 03:50 pm »
Hi everyone.

I have had your packages all pack since this past weekend, but I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to ship them as many of you are international.
I can ship the USPS First Class, but there will be no customs form on the package, it is the cheapest, but it also untrackable.
I can also ship other ways that are trackable, but have customs forms, and are also more expensive.

I'm not sure how you all want this done, so unless you have previously told me, please say how you would like your packages shipped. I wan't to get this out ASAP. But I also don't want to take 16 trips to the post office.

-West

andyr

« Reply #45 on: 5 Dec 2008, 08:30 pm »

Hi everyone.

I have had your packages all pack since this past weekend, but I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to ship them as many of you are international.
I can ship the USPS First Class, but there will be no customs form on the package, it is the cheapest, but it also untrackable.
I can also ship other ways that are trackable, but have customs forms, and are also more expensive.

I'm not sure how you all want this done, so unless you have previously told me, please say how you would like your packages shipped. I wan't to get this out ASAP. But I also don't want to take 16 trips to the post office.

-West

Hi West,

When I order LPs or stuff from Michael Percy in the US, the pkge nearly always comes via something like "USPS Small Parcel Rate"?

Whatever, it does have a customs form.

Regards,

Andy

Seano

« Reply #46 on: 7 Dec 2008, 09:34 pm »
Hi everyone.

-West

West

USPS is your (and most likely ours) best bet.  Regardless, no matter how it is sent........you will be filling in a customs form.  Not concerned about tracking - I have many more important things to care about than where my mail is!!!
Cheers

Seano

whubbard

« Reply #47 on: 13 Dec 2008, 04:48 pm »
Okay,
I am making one finally request that everyone please tell me if they wan't something other than USPS first class for international (who hasn't already). I will be shipping this Thursday or Friday regardless of if I have heard form everyone as I know some people would like the caps now for current projects.

Also, USPS claims that for First Class a customs form isn't necessary, but I guess I will see when I go to the post office.

-West

gerado

« Reply #48 on: 13 Dec 2008, 10:40 pm »
West,

I dont mind which you decide.

Theo

Greg Erskine

« Reply #49 on: 14 Dec 2008, 01:52 am »
Hi West,

I'm not in a hurry, so whatever is the easiest for you.

regards

stvnharr

« Reply #50 on: 14 Dec 2008, 07:54 am »
Okay,
I am making one finally request that everyone please tell me if they wan't something other than USPS first class for international (who hasn't already). I will be shipping this Thursday or Friday regardless of if I have heard form everyone as I know some people would like the caps now for current projects.

Also, USPS claims that for First Class a customs form isn't necessary, but I guess I will see when I go to the post office.

-West
If you are sending a first class letter you don't need a customs form. For an international parcel, even a small padded envelope sent first class, you will have to fill out the small green form.  It's no big deal, just electronic parts and a value.  It only takes a minute or so to fill it out, for each one that is.

kyrill

« Reply #51 on: 6 Jan 2009, 10:14 pm »
Hi West

How is this BIG project going?
 8)

gerado

« Reply #52 on: 13 Jan 2009, 01:53 pm »
Hi West,
what is the current state of the group buy?
Should I have received anything by now?

T

whubbard

« Reply #53 on: 22 Jan 2009, 07:33 am »
Hi all, sorry for my absence from this thread. A lot of the packages have been sent, however since First Class Mail is not tracked, I will not be able to know when they are received.

PLEASE send me an email at EMAIL REMOVED if you have received yours, or when you receive it. I want to make sure everyone gets their package.

-West
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2009, 10:07 pm by whubbard »

TimS

« Reply #54 on: 22 Jan 2009, 06:54 pm »
Thanks West, much appreciated.

Tim

Builder Brad

« Reply #55 on: 28 Jan 2009, 07:27 pm »
Hi West,

do you know if you sent out my package yet?

Brad

kyrill

« Reply #56 on: 28 Jan 2009, 07:56 pm »
Hi West
Can you check for me as well?
Kyrill

gerado

« Reply #57 on: 28 Jan 2009, 10:19 pm »
Nor I.

PT914

« Reply #58 on: 30 Jan 2009, 07:24 pm »
Nor I.

whubbard

« Reply #59 on: 30 Jan 2009, 07:39 pm »
Philip, Brad: your packages are en route.
Theo: I'm sorry but your was one of the few to not go out yet. I will get it out tomorrow.
Kyrill: I am still waiting reply of the email regarding using USPS as I cannot seem to ship via EMS.

-West