Let's Talk Fast!!

AKSA

Let's Talk Fast!!
« on: 26 Oct 2003, 08:27 am »
Aw, c'mon guys, those folks at VMPS will have more views than Aspen unless we start talking again soon!   :wink:

We've been the most talkative forum on AudioCircle since inception.  I'd love this to continue!     :lol:
Cheers,

Hugh

Rocket

Nirvana upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2003, 09:14 am »
Hi Hugh,

As you're aware i'm not very handy with a soldering iron  :cry: .  In fact my last attempt was a disaster, i used a desoldering sucker (thingy) and pulled out a binding post in the amp pcb  :( .  Luckily a friend of mine is a master at electronics and fixed the problem for me.

Anyway i'm interested to find out when you may have a nirvana plus upgrade available for the aksa 100 (i already nirvana'd the aksa)?

As usual i'm always looking at maximising the performance of my hifi system.  I know i should upgrade my preamp (n.e.w. p3 preamp modified) but i have other components in my system i would like to buy (a new turntable is on the cards).

Best wishes

Rod

AKSA

Let's Talk Fast!!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2003, 09:25 am »
Hi Rod,

I've been thinking on the extraordinary interest in a Nirvana Plus.  I've bought a few more piece of audio jewellry and experimented, with input from various others like Mal, Ginger, Peter and others, and come to the conclusion that there is a market for it in time.  Presently I'm doing a few more components to confirm a few hunches  - as you know I'd be anxious to avoid BGs if I could because I've been less than impressed.  Good caps, but Oh! the cost....

However, right now I'm in the thick of both the GK-150/160 retail product, which is taking shape very nicely, and with Ben, the DAKSA.  I've collaborated with a Texas engineer on the current to voltage converter, that's now finished and arguably one of the finest performers I've seen,  and just now I'm ready to take Ben's layout and integrate the lot with power supplies onto a master pcb.  This is a big project, and will take time, but I'd estimate the R&D on the DAKSA to be around 1500 man-hours.

So, I'm distracted at present, and will get around to it in the New Year!

Thank you for the interest, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Hugh

JohnR

Let's Talk Fast!!
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2003, 11:01 pm »
Ehhh... all I've got to talk about these days is weeding and native gardening... hopefully I'll get the thing under control before too long and get going on some audio projects... :thumb:

Seano

Let's Talk Fast!!
« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2003, 11:45 pm »
Excuse me, Hugh.

But just what is the GK-150? Is it the retail version of the GK-1 or some other nice new audio trinket?

And at this point I would like to put my hand up for one of those Nirvana and then some upgrades for the 100 when you get it to party. To be true I don't much mind the prospect of spending another 2 to 4 hundred on new bits if thats what it needs...........cause to my mind that's a cheap upgrade when you compare other HiFi upgrades out there...... :o

Seano

Let's Talk Fast!!
« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2003, 11:46 pm »
Excuse me, Hugh.

But just what is the GK-150? Is it the retail version of the GK-1 or some other nice new audio trinket?

And at this point I would like to put my hand up for one of those Nirvana and then some upgrades for the 100 when you get it to party. To be true I don't much mind the prospect of spending another 2 to 4 hundred on new bits if thats what it needs...........cause to my mind that's a cheap upgrade when you compare other HiFi upgrades out there...... :o